Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Rubber (fuel injection or ATF rated hose, not that generic shit on the wall at many auto stores) beats AN on motorcycles (brake lines of course excepted) for ease of maintenance and roadside repair. Ebay sells cut lengths cheaper than auto stores.

Comment

• Tippyman
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Revelator
      If Your frame has 46 degree rake, I think a 16" over fork would sit similar to
      my 40 degree Paughco, or maybe even a bit higher in front. I would not go 12"

* front wheel is a 19" and it looks like Your bike is also running a 19" on front.
      I ordered a 16” over springer from Mick’s Chop Shop. Also, I’ll be running a 21” wheel. We’ll see how she looks.

Comment

• Tippyman
        • Sep 2018

Got a little done on the scoot today. Rebuilt the CV carb, shit was nasty. Green corrosion and pond water inside. Rejetted and installed a few goodies from CV-Performance. Should run like a dream now.

Got the fender and new wheel mocked up. Looks pretty good. Gotta make a sissy bar and fender mounts.

Got the inner primary off and mocked up the belt drive. Had to make a spacer for the front hub to get the pulley closer to the motor without hitting the splines. Belt rides straight and about 1/8" from the engine rotor. Need to cut and reinstall the inner primary, then cut the outer so I can retain the starter bearing while keeping as much open as possible. Also just realized the crank says Accel on it? The fuck does that mean? Didn't notice til I posted this picture.

I also installed an N1 drum in the 5 speed. Shifts fine, but the top cover won't go back on. It's really close, but hitting something. The N1 drum fits early and late 5 speeds, so I'm assuming the early cable clutch top covers are a little different. Gonna call Baker tomorrow.
        Last edited by Tippyman; 01-08-2019, 6:21 PM.

Comment

• bpeak
          • Nov 2012

Dude that looks AWESOME. That rear end with spokes and that cleaner fender shape are PERFECT. Can't wait to see you slap that springer on there.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Also just realized the crank says Accel on it? The fuck does that mean? Didn't notice til I posted this picture.
            Accell supplies 'Super Shaft" HD engine shafts; sprocket shafts, pinion shafts and crankpins
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tippyman
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
              Accell supplies 'Super Shaft" HD engine shafts; sprocket shafts, pinion shafts and crankpins
              http://www.cas4.com/engine/engine-flywheels2.html
              Yeah I saw some “super shafts” on ebay and figured that’s what it was. Didn’t realize they were seperate from the crank itself. Only benefit seemed to be better oiling?

Also Bpeak, got a pic of the finished springer today.

Comment

• bpeak
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by tippyman
                yeah i saw some “super shafts” on ebay and figured that’s what it was. Didn’t realize they were seperate from the crank itself. Only benefit seemed to be better oiling?

Also bpeak, got a pic of the finished springer today.

yes!!!!!!!

Comment

• Tippyman
                  • Sep 2018

Chopped the primary into a sort of electric start open primary. Think I’m gonna do some engraving all over it to dress it up some.

Personally, I thought it would look better. Little dissapointed, but might do more trimming or just engrave the shit out of it to make it look better.

Comment

• farmall
                    • Apr 2013

Lightening holes are a classic way to break up surfaces like that upper zone of the primary cover.

Comment

• seaking
                      • Jul 2013

Looks good to me. What happened to the fwd alternator cover portion? Would be nice to have that covered, if not no biggy either.

Comment

• Tippyman
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by seaking
                        Looks good to me. What happened to the fwd alternator cover portion? Would be nice to have that covered, if not no biggy either.
                        I still have the chopped off pieces, Guess I could trim them up to cover the rotor. I was just trying to keep it as naked as possible. Might actually be a good thing that the back of the clutch is covered, I could definitely see a passenger missing the peg and shoving their foot into the clutch.

Shoulda bought a 4 speed bike. Oh well. If anything else, I’ve learned a bunch about what not to do haha.

Has anyone here ran forward controls with some high mid pegs? I was thinking the second set of pegs would make long rides nicer to change up footing position every once in a while. Wasn’t sure if they’d get in the way when I had my feet on the fwd pegs though.
                        Last edited by Tippyman; 01-18-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Tippyman
                          • Sep 2018

Got some work done on the bike. Taped a chain to the tire to space the fender evenly. Cranked the adjusters all the way out so the wheel has the most adjustment and space up front. Actually looks like where the factory fender bolted up will work perfect.

Also got all the unnecessary brackets ground off and seat area cleaned up.

Comment

• Tippyman
                            • Sep 2018

Got the fender mounted. Made some super simple spacers and bolted it straight to the existing holes in the frame. Got a mock up of approximate sissy bar angle.

Also started working on my taillight. It will mount to the back of the king and queen seat. ‘89 Cadillac light with some of those 3M backed cut-to-length LED strip lights for illumination.

Running light:

Brake light:

Comment

• Tippyman
                              • Sep 2018

Springer mocked up.

Comment

• Revelator
                                • Aug 2009

looks good. A little extra ground clearance in the mid section is good to
                                have on a long wheelbase chopper. good job.

Have you considered using one of chopperdaves alternator covers?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	chopper dave's alt cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1308017

or... you could always run a primo alternator cover, at considerably lower cost.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;