Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SharkenBeard
    • Apr 2018

Can I Switch Throttle Cables

Morning everyone. I'm in the process of eliminating the controls on my bars and I have a quick question in regards to the throttle. I'm replacing the throttle housing with something like Biltwell's Whiskey Throttle. I say something like it because I have concerns spending $100 on a product with questionable quality control issues. My problem is every other throttle housing I'm finding only uses the threaded end style cables, not the snap in style that my 2001 883 has. So does anyone know if I can either use an older threaded end style cable on my bike, or any recommendations on a different throttle housing that accepts the snap in style? Thanks!
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Is this what ya got now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HD01XLH036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1305980

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

A lot of it depends on what kings of carb/fuel system you have....

Comment

• SharkenBeard
        • Apr 2018

Yeah Tri that's the setup I have currently. And I'm running the stock CV Sportster carb.

Comment

• OakBehringer
          • May 2011

Of course you can. And double cable CV carbs work with one cable. Just make sure the Carb end of your new cable works with your CV. Drag Specialties 0650-0353 is 34.5 inches long and worked for my 06 CV carb. That’s probably too long for you. I plugged the other end into a cheap Chinese throttle that worked better than the whisky throttle. Look up my previous started threads (from about two or three years ago) for a review of whisky vs Chinese throttles.

Comment

• stevenpaine
            • Nov 2014

I bought the cheap throttle off of amazon and used the stock cables. I drilled out the housing a bit and popped them in. Good to go. It seriously works great.

Comment

• SharkenBeard
              • Apr 2018

Great advice everyone! I just pulled the trigger, I didn't want to tear the bike down while our Michigan weather was still ridable! I ended up buying TC Bros throttle, single cable setup. Looks to be a good fit! Thanks again!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;