Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bgrasela
    • Jun 2018

Been so busy at work haven't had a ton of time to work on the Harley. I have managed to grind the old bungs off my new to me oil tank. I removed the old sprocket because it seemed like there was too much play in it. After further investigation, one can see that the Allen head that is supposed to lock the sprocket nut down has been slipping. So a new sprocket is going on.

The frame comes back from the weld shop this week, so I'm hoping to have a roller by Friday. Also picked up a new S&S Super E, and Prism weld-on tail light.
    Attached Files

Comment

• rvandrew
      • Jan 2017

Are you extending the front end? I have a few dixie lights and running two on a hugger or standard length front end just looks odd for me. Swapped out for just one light and it's way closer to money for me.

Comment

• Bgrasela
        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by rvandrew
        Are you extending the front end? I have a few dixie lights and running two on a hugger or standard length front end just looks odd for me. Swapped out for just one light and it's way closer to money for me.
        The front end is 4 over stock. Anything more and id probably rake the neck, but ill probably leave the stock rake for now. And I did notice that the pinch-bolt mounted Dixies do put the bottom light a little lower than id like, so ill either make a new mount or run the single like you said.

Id like to see a pic of your dixie single if you have.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Here is a Dixie standard on an Evo:
          Dixie Standard Driving Lamp on a '14 883 Iron
          Hey everyone, So my wife picked up this Dixie Standard driving lamp at a swap meet here in PDX a couple weeks ago. I have a rudimentary knowledge of electrical shit and figured it wouldn't be too hard to wire this up to her bike, however when I pulled the stock headlight and tried to test the connection I didn't get anything
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• rvandrew
            • Jan 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180912_182053.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	1306276
            This is with (I believe) a paughco dual mount

Comment

• rvandrew
              • Jan 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181101_160903.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	1306277
              And this is the loud n greasy mount

Comment

• rvandrew
                • Jan 2017

I'll grab a better photo soon to show it from a distance, one light just looked a lot cleaner to me with how large these lights are. I was running a very flimsy piece of steel as a single mount until I ordered the greasy one, keeps the light from bouncing all over the place now.

Comment

• Bgrasela
                  • Jun 2018

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88618[/ATTACH]
                  This is with (I believe) a paughco dual mount
                  Looks killer!

Comment

• Bgrasela
                    • Jun 2018

We have a roller! been so busy at work I haven't had much time. However I got the frame rolling and my welder ready, so next will be fab work to get the bike mocked up.

I went with a flat fender, dished p-nut tank, and king n queen seat. More pics to come soon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• james69
                      • Feb 2018

Cool deal man, keep us posted. I also went with a TC bros hard tail frame. Let me know what you end up doing with the rear brake. I used their tab/mount but it hangs really low to the ground. I wanna try and get it between the frame rails.

Comment

• Bgrasela
                        • Jun 2018

Slapped the engine back in and layed the tank/fender/seat on to see how it'll sit. I wasn't sure if id like the dished tank but im happy with it for now. This weekend ill break out the welder and start weldin the stuff in place.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Bgrasela
                          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by james69
                          Cool deal man, keep us posted. I also went with a TC bros hard tail frame. Let me know what you end up doing with the rear brake. I used their tab/mount but it hangs really low to the ground. I wanna try and get it between the frame rails.
                          I was looking at mine earlier, it looks like you just have to grind the swingarm channel off? Ill see what I come up with and post a pic.

Comment

• Bgrasela
                            • Jun 2018

Mounted the oil tank, fender, and sissy bar. A bit concerned about the oil tank and its closeness to my manhood, but well see. Also concerned about the top two npt bungs. Being as they are directly on top of my tank, the lines may be challenging to bend up.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• rvandrew
                              • Jan 2017

Did you make that seat or buy it? Bike's looking killer. Maybe add an external cooler to help keep some oil heat off you?

Comment

• Bgrasela
                                • Jun 2018

Did you make that seat or buy it? Bike's looking killer. Maybe add an external cooler to help keep some oil heat off you?
                                The seat is a TC bros, it was supposed to bolt up to the TC bros hardtail but it doesn't, so I made a seat mount. Its nice quality, I went with marine grade vinyl instead of leather cause of the extreme temp changes here in Ohio.

And I like the oil cooler idea, might have to look into that.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;