Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snyder191
    • Jul 2018

Can anyone help me identify some of these parts ironhead/sportster

I picked up a bunch of parts I got wanted to get out of his garage for a pretty good deal I'm fairly new to Harleys and don't know too much about the older iron heads and sporties there's a lot of 35 mm Forks that came with so I'm assuming some of these parts might be to an older Ironhead or early sporty could anyone help me out everything will be for sale once I know what it is.
    Attached Files
  • Buellbomb
    • Dec 2011

I’m no expert either, but most of that stuff looks like shovelhead to me. Someone will be along that knows. Good luck.

Comment

• WillSCB
      • Dec 2014

It is, from what I see, mostly shovelhead. Identified most of it, but maybe someone more knowledgeable (such as Dragstews) can step in and verify and identify some of the rest. Here is what I can identify in the photos.

Photo 1: top left- regulator mount (not 100% sure on this one, but I believe it is off a shovel) top center- looks to be a mount for forward controls of some type, and three gas caps (looks like possibly off a fatbob) Top right- gauge mount and lower triple tree cover for a narrow glide of some type. Middle left- tach and speedo with cover (looks like it fits above mount) middle center- Shovelhead superglide lower triple tree cover. Middle right-big twin (I think) brake pedal and a forward control mount. Bottom left-shock mount covers (most likely big twin) bottom center- Exhaust pipe "P" clamp, another forward control mount. Bottom right- axle adjuster.

Photo 2: narrow glide triple tree with risers. Looks to be from a 35mm front end, but measure ID of holes to verify, two identical narrow glide upper triple trees, and a stock air cleaner cover.

Photo 3: Avoiding those previously mentioned, forward control mount, axle adjuster, three different sets of passenger pegs, what appear to be early bearing cups that go in a frame neck (if they are early, they will be designed to hold loose roller bearings, if they are late, they will be designed to hold a tapered roller bearing. If you can show a photo of the tops, we can verify which they are, finally, a fender mount license plate bracket.

Photo 4: fender struts (appear to be big twin, but not sure), rocker box cover from either a big twin or ironhead, tail/ brake light (two, one complete with lens, one not complete) and finally, an "eyebrow" type headlight mount bracket.

Photo 5: Harley "screaming eagle" fork brace for narrow glide. Measure ID of holes to verify which front end it is designed to fit.

Good luck.

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Your pretty much on the money, Wilbur, about the only part that is from the Sporties is that one lonely Rocker Box...
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Now that's a Guess The Bike Part Contest!
          As the winner, WillSCB's prize should be first dibs with a great discount...
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

Wilbur's part needs are all internal .....

Although that speed-o would come in handy ..... Naw, being 96 inches of "Bad-Ass Shovel" may be best he doesn't know how fast he's going..!!

To bad there's not a motor-plate in the photos .... That's something that would really come in handy for Will ....

He already has one of these stuck under the bed for the rebuild....

^^ Shocking isn't it .. ?? ^^
            Last edited by Dragstews; 10-08-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
              • Dec 2017

Uh, ya. Guessin' being its "96 inches of "Bad-Ass Shovel", he has one of those magic rearview mirrors - twist the throttle and things disappear!
              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• MOTher
                • Sep 2012

The bracket upper left in the first pic is a shift/kicstand bracket from a '71-72 Superglide. It uses a shorter shift lever that points backwards as a mid shifter. Also the black trees in the second pic may be from the same bike. Measure the hole where the fork tube goes through. If it's 1 5/16" then it's for the 33.4 mm fork used '71-'72 and looks to have a 1" stem, making it a pretty desirable set. If it measures closer to 1 3/8" then it's a 35 mm with the early style riser dampers. The risers look like early ('49-'59) wide glide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fxreverseshifter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1305713
                Last edited by MOTher; 10-08-2018, 3:29 PM.

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
                  Uh, ya. Guessin' being its "96 inches of "Bad-Ass Shovel", he has one of those magic rearview mirrors - twist the throttle and things disappear!
                  Speaking of 96 cubie's .....

I just posted a set of Brand new S&S Big Bore jugs in the Classifies ....
                  They are Bad to the Bone .. !!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;