Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportycoat1100
    • Apr 2018

Panshovel....or Shovelpan??

So I know that there are panshovels (slab sides) but cruising the local Craigslist machine I come across this

Click image for larger version

Name:	5CD96E85-8FA9-4040-912C-03DF15F607EA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1343580

At a decent price and not too far from me. He says the heads are original pan, 56 I believe, and the shovel lower is 70s. I’ve had the idea of a shovel build for a while then saw this and since it’s different, I’m close to snatching it. Can anyone tell me about this set up, or is this guy pulling a fast one with pan rocker boxes on a shovel If anything else I might just split them and build a pan, thanks guys
    Last edited by Sportycoat1100; 09-10-2018, 7:47 AM.
  • rockman96
    • May 2018

That one sounds like an answer to a question that was never asked. Definitely a performance downgrade, plus a bastard now. You can get aftermarket panheads that have upgraded shovel type ports and chambers, but then it's still in alternator cases. If it's cheap enough, I would probably jump on it and put some shovel heads on it, and be looking for som generator cases. YMMV.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

What's he asking? What do you consider a decent price?

The top end is the cheapest part of a pan motor..... Well they aren't cheap but you know.....

I'd like to see more pics of it to be sure of what it's worth...

Comment

• Sportycoat1100
        • Apr 2018

Sorry for the mix up guys, Just wondering if it’s worth the buy. Dude wants 2k for it

Name:	48DF7F09-9E86-4C11-BC82-A763BE160287.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1305086

Name:	6DC00654-C88E-465F-9C03-87BC0F0FC18A.jpg
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1305087

Name:	CEDD5136-9C6E-42D3-9F53-53D6548F562E.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1305088

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
          • Apr 2010

If it's got a title, not bad, no title, I'd pass in a heart beat.

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

It will get you in wind ...
            Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• shovel625
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by BuddhahoodVato
              If it's got a title, not bad, no title, I'd pass in a heart beat.
              im with you on this one

Comment

• Sportycoat1100
                • Apr 2018

No title needed in SC, just a bill of sale. Worried now about how much of a performance downgrade it’d be

Comment

• Dragstews
                  • Sep 2010

Pamheads (1200cc) was rated at 50hp at the crank, Shovels was 60hp ....
                  Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Sportycoat1100
                    No title needed in SC, just a bill of sale. Worried now about how much of a performance downgrade it’d be

No title is needed for what in SC? That's not what he meant.... What he meant was if it has a title it would be worth more and I agree... A title is worth $600.00..

Comment

• shovel625
                      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Sportycoat1100
                      yeah im confused by what you mean here.

a no title situation, is a pain in the ass.

bill of sale just states that you didnt steal it, doesnt mean the numbers are clean or that the state will isue you a title.

Here in KY they make you build the bike, then take the bike to frankfort and have it inspected to be road worthy, then maybe issue you a non HD title, if everything checks out

Comment

• rockman96
                        • May 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                        No title is needed for what in SC? That's not what he meant.... What he meant was if it has a title it would be worth more and I agree... A title is worth $600.00..
                        There is no such thing as a title for an engine in SC, you only need a bill of sale. The title goes with the frame. Put any engine you want in the rolling chassis in SC, it doesn't matter. They only care about the frame VIN. At least this is the case with the newest HD s/n's, I don't know if it applies to earlier stuff where frame and case numbers may match(?).

Now if you're building a bike with a MSO, they will definitely run the engine numbers, but even then they don't absolutely require a bill of sale... You can sign a affivavit stating where and how you acquired it. As long as the numbers run clean, you can get it inspected and proceed. This is how it was explained to me by the state inspector for this region.

State laws, and local LEA's... They can vary wildly, best bet is to be really careful and know the rules of your area.
                        Last edited by rockman96; 09-10-2018, 10:35 AM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

• Sportycoat1100
                          • Apr 2018

Rockman is right, I built my sporty off of an MSO & a bill of sale for the motor. I’d most likely go the same route on this

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by rockman96
                            There is no such thing as a title for an engine in SC, you only need a bill of sale. The title goes with the frame. Put any engine you want in the rolling chassis in SC, it doesn't matter. They only care about the frame VIN. At least this is the case with the newest HD s/n's, I don't know if it applies to earlier stuff where frame and case numbers may match(?).
                            Sure there is... Pre 1970 HD motors go off of the motor...

But that's not what he asked.... He asked it the motor came with a title.. I've seen many people sell the title with the motor before....

Weather it should be sold with the motor or not that has nothing to do with it...

It was just a question...

I guess the answer to his question is no?
                            Last edited by Tattooo; 09-10-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                              • Oct 2016

So, if those are '56 Pan Heads and if you wanted to go back to a shovel, I would be willing to talk to you about buying them off of you. I need a set for my motor, but am not exactly bursting with loose cash.

Let me know,
                              -H

Damn shame I sold a set of Shovel jugs and heads not all that long ago!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;