Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adambean12
    • Oct 2013

Born Again Beezer

Hey guys, I'm finally starting my 71 BSA build so I figured why not start a thread about it.

I'm in the beginning stages of the build so you'll see everything. Here are a couple pictures of where I'm at... fitting up the backbone. I'll be going OIF like the factory frame, but putting my twist on it. I'm pie cutting the backbone to get it exactly how I want it, and will most likely grind down the welds and metal finish the backbone for an angular look... who knows..

I always have an idea in mind and change it a million times as I go, so we'll see what happens[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Looks like an interesting start, intrigued with "an angular look." What's that rake?
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Adambean12
      • Oct 2013

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to building it! I am right at 36* rake

Comment

• Spots13
        • May 2011

I’m gonna be watching this one closely, it looks like the beginning of a fun build

Comment

• Adambean12
          • Oct 2013

Welding all day to come home and weld some more. Slowly getting it all welded up.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Adambean12
            • Oct 2013

After a long delay Im finally back to building the BSA again. I changed jobs and moved the BSA into the new shop im at so im back to it now. Today I leveled my table and tacked in the back bone so I can get to building frame rails. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190324_174209_521.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1309309
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190324_174209_549.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1309310

Comment

• TriNortchopz
              • Dec 2017

lookin' forward to see that frame done...swingarm or rigid or...
              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Adambean12
                • Oct 2013

Going to go rigid on this one with a girder up front

Comment

• Adambean12
                  • Oct 2013

Made a little progress, but not much. Slowly chipping away at The Born Again Beezer. What I like to do is make the frame with cheap thin wall tubing, then I'll copy it and build it out of the good stuff, in this case I'll be using 1" Chromoly. I always draw out my vision on paper and do everything I can to nail it. I'll be doing something special with the down tube, just want to get the angle nailed down right now so I can make sure it all flows together right.
                  I did change things a little bit as well.
                  I brought it down to 31* rake and brought the neck height up a couple of inches from where I originally started.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190329_205338_138.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1309479Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190329_205338_139.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1309480
                  Last edited by Adambean12; 03-30-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Adambean12
                    • Oct 2013

Slowly getting there. I got the bottom frame rail laid out. Working on the top one as well, but going a little different direction than I was originally going to.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190407_210059_062.jpg
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	1309766

Comment

• Luky
                      • May 2018

This is an interesting project.
                      I hope that the backbone tube gets built with good materials and bent as all one piece.
                      You can also get tubing curves made for you and some local shops may have a tubing bender that can do the job.
                      I would use .120 thickness tube and it will be easier to bend without kinking.
                      Great work table!

Comment

• Adambean12
                        • Oct 2013

I have had the backbone bent up before, but didn't like the radius so I made my own. It is .120 material and I weld aerospace for a living so I know that it's good to go. I figured out what angle I wanted for the bend, so I made pie cuts to accomplish that. Thanks about the table, i designed them with the fixtures and my dad's shop manufactures them. Saves a ton of time building stuff!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;