Wasted bandwidth clogging on for sale ads, CL, free forums.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougtheinternetannoyance123
    • Apr 2012

Interesting how my old rant came back to life,,,,, (Wondering if jashuabasset, Junior Member Join Date Jul 2021 Posts 1
    Is legit or potential spammer ?????) But Did have the effect of bringing this rant back to life....

Im going to sign up for FecesBook just to list some stuff on marketplace, plus I have 2 friends overseas who will only communicate via FB Messenger, so its under duress and protest, but I found a tutorial on how to minimize getting sodomized by Zuckerberg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook_vs_borg_by_paradigm_shifting-dc8ldbd (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1319174 Click image for larger version

Name:	FACEBookwhy-haven-t-you-deleted-your-facebook-yet-1-d0c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1319175Click image for larger version

Name:	FacebookislandaPjRN0w_460s.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1319176

I still use Craigslist, and while I have to sort out the garbage, Its still a useful medium, locally, good vintage motorcycle and car stuff DOES sell on CL and I get a lot of responses, still some flakes, but what do you want for free?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	craigslistlflakes.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1319177

While CL has an "Events" section, No one I know uses it, But if you put in there about a Group ride, swap meet, or bike show, you can reach a lot of people in the Motorcycle parts section. I have used it frequently, gets flagged a bit, But it DOES bring out a lot of people, I see others use it as well, and help drive traffic to bike events by announcing them via a parts ad, or saying,
    " Gonna have the following parts-projects for sale at Such & Such event"

FeeBay has gone to shit in a hand basket, been that way for years. I still buy stuff on there, But stopped listing back in 2012, started up again in 2014-2015 and was a disaster as well, spent a LOT of time with tech support and getting things square away.

eBay MOTORS should be spun off and run as a totally stand alone entity, the Business model is totally different than selling Beanie Babies or knock off designer handbags. Sadly its also chock full of Chinese crap, try and find a Triumph or Harley part and it takes a LOT of work to pare down the 23,877 listings for LED or billet bling clogging up searches.

This guy, Greg Marsh started a very well written rant about the real problems with eBay,,,
    See: https://www.accessnorton.com/NortonC...-an-era.31040/
    3 pages and counting,,,,
    " Every few months, eBay makes a unilateral change that sellers must accept or quit selling on eBay. These changes sometimes are good for buyers, but are always bad for sellers. The latest change took effect yesterday for me and I decided not to comply. Therefore, all my listings will expire within 30 days and my 19 year relationship with eBay will end.

Many here buy directly from me and enjoy MUCH lower prices than on eBay. Partly because it costs me less but mostly because I don’t try to make money selling parts to people I know. Selling parts is NOT how I make my living!

So, I have about $100k of new parts in stock, Mostly from AN, AMAL, Tri-Spark, and Wassell. I also have used parts. For those not in a hurry, I can get you new parts for less than you can get them yourself in most cases. This is because I place large orders which makes the shipping hurt less.

Due to shipping costs, this makes the most sense for people in the US, but I will ship anywhere.
    They are forcing sellers into a program called "Managed Payments". They collect the money and then transfer it to your bank account daily or weekly. So, besides having to give them access to your bank account, there's a lag in access to the money, but you still have to ship in one day or pay higher eBay "Final Value" fees. In the past, it came from the buyers PayPal account to your PayPal account instantly. It makes accounting, already a major PITA much harder - especially when your system is setup for one monthly eBay charge, and PayPal charges as they happen. I use PayPal like a bank account with instant money access and with the ability to buy things worldwide whether there is money in the account or not.

In n addition to the Store Fee, Final Value Fees on the sales, and Final Value Fee on shipping, for sales where one item is purchased, eBay's initial "Managed Payment" fees in are 2.7%+$.30 whereas PayPal's are 2.9%+$.30. Sounds good? If a buyer buys two things, eBay Charges 2.7%+$.60 and PayPal still charges 2.9%+$.30 and on three its 2.7%+$.90 where PayPal is still 2.9+$.30. On small items this is is terrible. PayPal falls under the Federal Credit Card rules, eBay does not. eBay regularly changes their rules. They already quietly raised the transaction fee from $.25 to %.30.

But, most importantly, eBay insists on using my social security number rather than my business's Federal Tax ID - not happening. They've had data breaches - my business info is all they get.

Different subject:

Earlier this year, our wonderful Government changed a basic tenant of Interstate Commerce and eBay was forced to collect sales tax. It's complicated, but that was a windfall for both eBay and PayPal and it really screwed up seller's accounting. When buying direct and you're outside VA, there is no sales tax - that alone makes it better for buyers to go direct instead of through eBay.

So lets say I sold something on ebay, and they charged sales tax. They send the funds plus the sale tax to me. What am I supposed to do with it?
    They do not send the sales tax to you. However, if you use PayPal or Managed Payments, you are charged the fee on the sales tax. I asked the Virginia Sales Tax people how to handle it and they said to treat the sale as if it didn't happen when reporting total sales for the period. I have no idea if other states look at it the same. Obviously, you and eBay should not pay sales tax on one sale.

The really insidious part is that at the beginning of the year, the VA sales tax for VA residents was sent to me, but once they started collecting for other states they quit sending any sales tax to me. At first they explained nothing and just included it in the PayPal fee. Then PayPal found a slightly better way to portray it which is still done today. I spent at least $1000 of my time before I figured out what was going on including talking to eBay, PayPal, and VA and then had to correct my accounting to that point. I also paid sale tax to VA that had already been paid by eBay and just ignored that loss figuring that it wasn't worth the effort to get it back.

Update on my original post. eBay originally said that my listings would not renew and I could not list more without switching to Managed Payments. The a-holes half lied. I cannot list new items, but my listing are renewing and I can edit them - I guess they want every last dollar. Proves that they simply want to make more money as my sales continue to go through PayPal. The good news is that I've gotten my direct sales up to 55% of the total and rising. I'll be VERY happy to finally leave eBay. I do consider it a loss - for close to 25 years, I've looked for used parts for motorcycles and IT equipment on eBay - there's really no substitute.

It's quite a windfall for eBay. In VA, a "dealer" gets a "discount" about approximately 1% of the sales tax. Put another way, they collect the money and give VA 99% of what they collect. I'm way over simplifying it. I imagine most states do something similar. But the big money is that eBay charges the final value fee on the total. So, if you have a eBay store and you are a top-rated seller, you "only" pay 8.9% - you pay much more otherwise. If you're in the Managed Payments plan, they charge 2.6% on the total. So, you're paying multiple times on the same money. It also was a windfall for PayPal. The PayPal fee is on the total, not the part the seller gets.

Update on my first post in this thread. At the end of December, eBay removed my ability to update listings since I wouldn't join their managed selling program. I've slowly been deleting listings but it was a many step process and there were a few sales a few sales coming in. Last month I got a threatening message that if I didn't join they would delete all my listings - great, they'll delete them for me! Of course, they didn't so they could keep getting money. At some point it the last month or so they added the capability to delete multiple listings so as of today, I have no listings on eBay. I became an eBay customer last century, a seller in 2001, and top rated in 2003 - that's not enough for them.

Anyway, I have LOTs of parts, mostly new listed on my web site. I also have lots of used parts, some listed, some not. This page: https://www.gregmarsh.com/MC/ForSale.aspx lists the parts in stock. The prices listed in regular font are mathematically figured - you won't pay that much. The prices in bold are the actual price for someone who doesn't mention Access Norton, NCNO, or ONE. Mention one of those and you pay less than the price in bold.

Before anyone scolds me, no you cannot order and buy without interacting with me and it's on purpose. If you don't like the human touch...well, who's left

I am a true dealer for Amal, Tri-Spark, and Wassell. I get small discounts from Andover Norton and JRC Engineering. I buy from the UK and AU in bulk which lowers the effect of shipping on my prices - generally if I have it I can sell it to you for less than you can buy it. If you can bring me your bike and are interested in a cNw electric start I can make a special deal.

I will ship outside the US but it's a PITA so no tiny orders please. Making $2.00 and having to drive to the Post Office makes no sense whatever. Domestic orders do not require a trip to the PO.

Comment

• kol909
      • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123
      I agree,,,,,,,,on a desktop with Google chrome, you can hit F5 which refreshes a page and you can flag multiple times Flag Refresh flag refresh flag refresh on each ad. Depends on the market, user history and other metrics to kill off a bogus ad. Some it only takes 5 people to kill an ad, some it takes 25.

If on a gadget like a smart phone or tablet, do the same ads over and over again at different locations because it shows a different ISP at each. So counts as unique hits. One local guy was really obnoxious so a number of locals flagged his ads every day. He *THOUGHT* it was just me doing it, but finally somebody posted an ad mimicking him explaining it takes multiple people to kill off ads, so no way can one person (usually) flag your ads. I had no idea who did it, but heard from multiple people he annoyed a LOT of people so it got so bad CL suspended his account. (Wasnt just me and a few friends)

But I DID flag him from multiple sites at work, at the gym, home and friends houses and a few bars & such. Turned out he pissed off so many people and his rants online (He would post ads online ranting about getting flagged) that some people just like poking the bear and made a career out of it.

See: http://clflaggingexpert.net/how-to-f...on-craigslist/

Flagging a post on craigslist is simple.

Open the ad you want to flag. Click on “Prohibited” on the upper left side as you can see in the screenshot.

But craigslist do not remove ad by just sending one flag.

Guess what?

Keep flagging it again and again? NO!

How many flags does it take to remove a post?

There is no clear answer to this question. But a general rule of thumb is, the more people flagging the post from unique IP addresses, the higher the chances are that the ad will be removed. So you have to keep flagging until it gets removed from the site.

We studied and tested craigslist algorithm in terms flagging and removal of ads and wrote a detailed article on how craigslist flagging works.

Let’s get straight to the point.

There are few options you can use to successfully remove un-solicited/spammy ads from Craigslist.

1) Doing it yourself with the help of proxies.

2) Using your Friends and Family

Lets deep dive into each option one by one.

1) Doing it Yourself

If you are living in a small populated area and there are fewer people posting on craigslist, you can flag an ad 2,3 times to get it removed.

Open the ad click on Prohibited. Open the link on another device if you have like phone or laptop and flag the ad. If you are in the low populated area, it might go with just a few flags. But these areas are quite a few, by in large, you need multiple flags to get ad removed.

However, there are few tactics that can help to flag these ads yourself and take a solo flight!

Tactic #1

You laptop/computer has one unique IP address. Despite how many flags you sent to a single ad, it is counted as just one flag because they are coming from single IP address.

To avoid this, you can use proxies. It is like having pool of different IP addresses that you can access from your device.

Step-1 > Buy proxies from mazgalici. They usually cost just 1$ per proxy. Make sure you get proxies for your country.

Step-2 > Download this FireFox Plugin or Chrome Plugin so you can use these proxies.

Step-3 > Open craigslist ad, flag it and change your proxy. Repeat the same process until it gets removed! You can change your proxy with a simple click using the above mentioned browser plugins. It’s easy.

Key Takeaway:- it is quite rare to get an ad renewed by sending just one flag. ( Unless you go through proxy route) Majority of ads need multiple flags so look for other options.

Tactic #2

There are a bunch of different Facebook groups that people use to share spammy ads to flag. You just need to post the link and other members will be able to flag that for you.

2) Using your Friends and Family

You can use your friends and family circle to flag spam ads on craigslist.

If you can get a dozen people ready to flag ads from unique IP address, you can quite successfully remove a medium type of ads.

Create GBWhatsApp, Email or Text Messaging group and whenever you find the ad, send it to your friends and family and ask them to flag. if your circle manage to send few flags right after the ad gets posted, you can get it removed.

Prons and Cons:- This method is quite unreliable because everyone might not be free to flag ads so you have to send a lot of emails back and forth to get a single ad removed which sometimes doesn’t worth the effort.

But if you want to flag just a couple of ads occasionally, this method might work really well

Conclusion

Flagging other posts on craigslist is quite easy. You just need to be consistent and use proper tools and resources to be successful. Do not use any automated software to flag ads since it is against Craigslist Term of Use. And make sure you only flag ads that fit on criteria which is marked as prohibited by craigslist moderation team.
      No doubt in it. Agree With you.

Comment

• leana007
        • Apr 2024

GB Whatsapp Download is a modified and enhanced version of the original Whatsapp. Though the original contains no bug, still it lacks some of the features and sometimes it becomes irritating to use the app.

Comment

• novafirehurt
          • Sep 2023

Originally posted by markwade74
          Fixing the internets problem of too much stupid shit by filling it with more stupid shit. Good job!
          Exactly!.​This is what most people often doing right now.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;