Wasted bandwidth clogging on for sale ads, CL, free forums.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dougtheinternetannoyance123
    • Apr 2012

Wasted bandwidth clogging on for sale ads, CL, free forums.

Annoying when looking at ads when some yahoo decides to clog up with excessive search words, or when parting out a vehicle instead of one or 2 ads, the post 30 ads for each item.

See it here from time to time on 33, but generally corrects itself with some reminders from folks.

However some folks go ballistic and generally reply angrily in ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM YELLING ON THE INTERNET!

So, I see a lot of weirdos on my local CL, and generally unproductive to engage, but heres a few clues.

A) When you are selling a part and its well above normal price, after 3 years of free ads its a very strong indicator you might have "Aggressively priced ahead of the marketplace"

B) When selling your YamaSuzuHonda DONT put in HD or British key words (or vice versa) because you want maximum page views, It just annoys people searching for items and useless stuff not related clogs up their search.

C) Include useful things like year, make, model and specifics like (on cars) Stick or auto trans,, and relevant points like 4cyl, 6cy or V8. Most importantly PRICE!!! For the love of Jesus, Mary & the orphans include the PRICE because its annoying as all hell to have to email, text or call to find out.

Had a LOVELY exchange recently with one such douche nozzle,, maybe he is a 33 here and I interupted his creative juices on his current chop build?? Some one needs to give this dude a big hug and maybe a wet sloppy kiss.

" FUCK YOU UP YOUR ASS DUMB FUCKING JERK.

I WILL POST WHAT I WANT AND HOW I WANT TO DO IT. IF MY ITEMS ARE FLAGGED THEN I WILL REPORT YOU AND YOUR NAME TO CRAIGSLIST.

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE AND HOPEFULLY YOUR LIFE WILL END SOON.YOU DUMB FUCK. WORRY ABOUT YOUR DUMB FUCKING SELF AND SHIT. SORRY IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YOU DON'T OWN OR RULE THE WORLD.

PEOPLE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY NOT YOUR FUCKING WAY....!!!

IF YOU WANT TO LOOK UP THINGS ON CRAIGSLIST LOOK UP DUMB FUCK AND THEN YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU NEED.

I WILL REPORT YOU AND YOUR WIFES NAME TO CRAIGSLIST....DOUG ......!!!!

I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG YOU ARE THE PROBLEM AND HAVE A PROBLEM.

I AM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE WORLD AS PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE THE WORLD WORSE....!!! I HOPE SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE AND SELF CENTERNESS FOR HARRASSING ME WHEN I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG.

HAVE A MISERABLE DAY AND MUCH BAD LUCK YOUR WAY.."

(This one actually has more than one item per listing, an exception! Even a stopped clock is right 2x a day!)

More,, but you get the idea!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rainbow River jigsaw puzzle MPI31415.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1343534
    Click image for larger version

Name:	happy-birthday-fun-images-14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1343535
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

I flag HEAVILY AND OFTEN.

I use multiple browsers including Opera with free VPN (great for viewing more pages on paywalled sites than merely deleting history will allow) and open every shit advert/wrong advert/spamvert in a new tab, then bang back down the tabs and flag them. When the same shit appears in nearby region searches I flag that. It's low effort since I'm there anyway.

Craigslist thrives on flagging, it's designed for user policing, so open fire! Relentlessly.

I never engage stupid people on the internet (except to make fun of them) because arguing with fools doesn't work.

Non-parts bikes in the motorcycle parts area are the most annoying because they take up space.

Now go flag something!

Comment

• Apr 2012

I agree,,,,,,,,on a desktop with Google chrome, you can hit F5 which refreshes a page and you can flag multiple times Flag Refresh flag refresh flag refresh on each ad. Depends on the market, user history and other metrics to kill off a bogus ad. Some it only takes 5 people to kill an ad, some it takes 25.

If on a gadget like a smart phone or tablet, do the same ads over and over again at different locations because it shows a different ISP at each. So counts as unique hits. One local guy was really obnoxious so a number of locals flagged his ads every day. He *THOUGHT* it was just me doing it, but finally somebody posted an ad mimicking him explaining it takes multiple people to kill off ads, so no way can one person (usually) flag your ads. I had no idea who did it, but heard from multiple people he annoyed a LOT of people so it got so bad CL suspended his account. (Wasnt just me and a few friends)

But I DID flag him from multiple sites at work, at the gym, home and friends houses and a few bars & such. Turned out he pissed off so many people and his rants online (He would post ads online ranting about getting flagged) that some people just like poking the bear and made a career out of it.

See: http://clflaggingexpert.net/how-to-f...on-craigslist/

Flagging a post on craigslist is simple.

Open the ad you want to flag. Click on “Prohibited” on the upper left side as you can see in the screenshot.

But craigslist do not remove ad by just sending one flag.

Guess what?

Keep flagging it again and again? NO!

How many flags does it take to remove a post?

There is no clear answer to this question. But a general rule of thumb is, the more people flagging the post from unique IP addresses, the higher the chances are that the ad will be removed. So you have to keep flagging until it gets removed from the site.

We studied and tested craigslist algorithm in terms flagging and removal of ads and wrote a detailed article on how craigslist flagging works.

Let’s get straight to the point.

There are few options you can use to successfully remove un-solicited/spammy ads from Craigslist.

1) Doing it yourself with the help of proxies.

2) Using your Friends and Family

Lets deep dive into each option one by one.

1) Doing it Yourself

If you are living in a small populated area and there are fewer people posting on craigslist, you can flag an ad 2,3 times to get it removed.

Open the ad click on Prohibited. Open the link on another device if you have like phone or laptop and flag the ad. If you are in the low populated area, it might go with just a few flags. But these areas are quite a few, by in large, you need multiple flags to get ad removed.

However, there are few tactics that can help to flag these ads yourself and take a solo flight!

Tactic #1

You laptop/computer has one unique IP address. Despite how many flags you sent to a single ad, it is counted as just one flag because they are coming from single IP address.

To avoid this, you can use proxies. It is like having pool of different IP addresses that you can access from your device.

Step-1 > Buy proxies from mazgalici. They usually cost just 1$ per proxy. Make sure you get proxies for your country.

Step-2 > Download this FireFox Plugin or Chrome Plugin so you can use these proxies.

Step-3 > Open craigslist ad, flag it and change your proxy. Repeat the same process until it gets removed! You can change your proxy with a simple click using the above mentioned browser plugins. It’s easy.

Key Takeaway:- it is quite rare to get an ad renewed by sending just one flag. ( Unless you go through proxy route) Majority of ads need multiple flags so look for other options.

Tactic #2

There are a bunch of different Facebook groups that people use to share spammy ads to flag. You just need to post the link and other members will be able to flag that for you.

You can use your friends and family circle to flag spam ads on craigslist.

If you can get a dozen people ready to flag ads from unique IP address, you can quite successfully remove a medium type of ads.

Create WhatsApp, Email or Text Messaging group and whenever you find the ad, send it to your friends and family and ask them to flag. if your circle manage to send few flags right after the ad gets posted, you can get it removed.

Prons and Cons:- This method is quite unreliable because everyone might not be free to flag ads so you have to send a lot of emails back and forth to get a single ad removed which sometimes doesn’t worth the effort.

But if you want to flag just a couple of ads occasionally, this method might work really well

Conclusion

Flagging other posts on craigslist is quite easy. You just need to be consistent and use proper tools and resources to be successful. Do not use any automated software to flag ads since it is against Craigslist Term of Use. And make sure you only flag ads that fit on criteria which is marked as prohibited by craigslist moderation team.

Comment

• ac72rat
        • Mar 2012

Jesus Christ just fucking ignore it

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

I flag because I systematically scan Craigslist daily and their shitpostings get in my way. I don't have to see flagged posts next time. No one is forcing anyone to post spam or other garbage on Craigslist. They interfere with honest commerce. Does anyone here hate honest commerce?

Craigslist is DESIGNED for cooperative user policing! The flag option isn't an accident hence the "thanks for flagging" message. It makes Craigslist better for anyone who isn't a spammer. Spammers should be killed by scaphism but I'll settle for flagging.

Prohibited:
          spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content

Comment

• Apr 2012

Amen, tell it on the mountain, can I hear a Hallelujah?? Same with butt nuggets who post their used shit on there for retail or above retail prices. Just had a bench top grinder crop up while looking for Norton parts on multiple searches and it seemed high, So highlighted the description, right clicked and found other websites with the same machine. The guy thinks his equipment is worth the same as brand new in the box with warranty. Then got pissed off when people pointed it out to him.

I dont do facebook, but wife dabbles in it and sometimes likes to scan the local for sale stuff on FB and she showed me an posting where people where harshly ripping on some dumb broad who was selling a used XBox for more than retail so earned he lots of memes and Gifs, So what did she do?? Knocked off $25 from the price,, such a deal! So,, still dont think it will sell but wth, it sure was funny seeing all the grief people were sending her way.

Comment

• jashuabasset
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Dougtheinternetannoyance123
              I agree,,,,,,,,on a desktop with Google chrome, you can hit F5 which refreshes a page and you can flag multiple times Flag Refresh flag refresh flag refresh on each ad. Depends on the market, user history and other metrics to kill off a bogus ad. Some it only takes 5 people to kill an ad, some it takes 25.

If on a gadget like a smart phone or tablet, do the same ads over and over again at different locations because it shows a different ISP at each. So counts as unique hits. One local guy was really obnoxious so a number of locals flagged his ads every day. He *THOUGHT* it was just me doing it, but finally somebody posted an ad mimicking him explaining it takes multiple people to kill off ads, so no way can one person (usually) flag your ads. I had no idea who did it, but heard from multiple people he annoyed a LOT of people so it got so bad CL suspended his account. (Wasnt just me and a few friends)

But I DID flag him from multiple sites at work, at the gym, home and friends houses and a few bars & such. Turned out he pissed off so many people and his rants online (He would post ads online ranting about getting flagged) that some people just like poking the bear and made a career out of it.

See: http://clflaggingexpert.net/how-to-f...on-craigslist/

Flagging a post on craigslist is simple.

Open the ad you want to flag. Click on “Prohibited” on the upper left side as you can see in the screenshot.

But craigslist do not remove ad by just sending one flag.

Guess what?

Keep flagging it again and again? NO!

How many flags does it take to remove a post?

There is no clear answer to this question. But a general rule of thumb is, the more people flagging the post from unique IP addresses, the higher the chances are that the ad will be removed. So you have to keep flagging until it gets removed from the site.

We studied and tested craigslist algorithm in terms flagging and removal of ads and wrote a detailed article on how craigslist flagging works.

Let’s get straight to the point.

There are few options you can use to successfully remove un-solicited/spammy ads from Craigslist.

1) Doing it yourself with the help of proxies.

Lets deep dive into each option one by one.

1) Doing it Yourself

If you are living in a small populated area and there are fewer people posting on craigslist, you can flag an ad 2,3 times to get it removed.

Open the ad click on Prohibited. Open the link on another device if you have like phone or laptop and flag the ad. If you are in the low populated area, it might go with just a few flags. But these areas are quite a few, by in large, you need multiple flags to get ad removed.

However, there are few tactics that can help to flag these ads yourself and take a solo flight!

Tactic #1

You laptop/computer has one unique IP address. Despite how many flags you sent to a single ad, it is counted as just one flag because they are coming from single IP address.

To avoid this, you can use proxies. It is like having pool of different IP addresses that you can access from your device.

Step-1 > Buy proxies from mazgalici. They usually cost just 1$ per proxy. Make sure you get proxies for your country.

Step-2 > Download this FireFox Plugin or Chrome Plugin so you can use these proxies.

Step-3 > Open craigslist ad, flag it and change your proxy. Repeat the same process until it gets removed! You can change your proxy with a simple click using the above mentioned browser plugins. It’s easy.

Key Takeaway:- it is quite rare to get an ad renewed by sending just one flag. ( Unless you go through proxy route) Majority of ads need multiple flags so look for other options.

Tactic #2

There are a bunch of different Facebook groups that people use to share spammy ads to flag. You just need to post the link and other members will be able to flag that for you.

You can use your friends and family circle to flag spam ads on craigslist.

If you can get a dozen people ready to flag ads from unique IP address, you can quite successfully remove a medium type of ads.

Create GBWhatsApp, Email or Text Messaging group and whenever you find the ad, send it to your friends and family and ask them to flag. if your circle manage to send few flags right after the ad gets posted, you can get it removed.

Prons and Cons:- This method is quite unreliable because everyone might not be free to flag ads so you have to send a lot of emails back and forth to get a single ad removed which sometimes doesn’t worth the effort.

But if you want to flag just a couple of ads occasionally, this method might work really well

Conclusion

Flagging other posts on craigslist is quite easy. You just need to be consistent and use proper tools and resources to be successful. Do not use any automated software to flag ads since it is against Craigslist Term of Use. And make sure you only flag ads that fit on criteria which is marked as prohibited by craigslist moderation team.
              Yes I am totally agree with you on that and I also do the same as possible as I can.

Comment

• JBinNC
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by ac72rat
                Jesus Christ just fucking ignore it
                Wise advice. Life's too short, etc.

Jim

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Most humans are dumbfucks not worth engaging. Dumbfucks do sometimes sell shit cheap but Craigslist and Fecesbook keep the retards in their containment zones.
                  If you like doing multiple flags ya can always open multiple browsers including Opera with VPN enabled and Tor browser so the flags don't come from the same IP but as for the terms of use Craigslist can hug my nuts.

Exotic high effort methods are silly. You can do it all on your own machine(s) while killing time. The extra text isn't technically wasted bandwidth but basically spamming.

Trying to enlighten dumbfucks is a waste of time. Intelligence distribution is far from even and you're not going to usefully engage anyone with a 100 IQ or lower. Best to take advantage instead if they have something you want instead of wasting potentially useful Asperger's-motivated effort.

Comment

• markwade74
                    • Mar 2012

Fixing the internets problem of too much stupid shit by filling it with more stupid shit. Good job!

Comment

• confab
                      • May 2019

I think FB pretty much murdered Craig's List in it's sleep..

And good luck getting the stupid shit off of there.

It is powered by stupid shit.

Comment

• JBinNC
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by confab
                        I think FB pretty much murdered Craig's List in it's sleep..

And good luck getting the stupid shit off of there.

It is powered by stupid shit.
                        Maybe they should put that in their logo.

Jim

Comment

• confab
                          • May 2019

lol.. Like "Intel Inside!"

Comment

• JBinNC
                            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by confab
                            lol.. Like "Intel Inside!"
                            "Powered by Stupid Shit"

Catchy

Jim

Comment

• confab
                              • May 2019

Imagine the marketing campaign?

Twitter is pure shit too, so they'll be jealous as hell they didn't think of it first.

Lawsuits. Tire slashings.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;