Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OakBehringer
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Tattooo
    Don't bother Gas will eat the hell out of JB weld...
    Quick JB - yes; regular JB - no

At least... That’s what I’ve read on like 100 forum posts after googling “gas proof epoxy.”

Anyway, I’m going to leave the rim of the filler neck raw. Gas would only come in contact with the JB (or whatever I use) if it spills over the edge of the neck.

*shrugs* if not JB - something

The SprayMax 2K clear is totally gas resistant. I just need to seal the edge of the paint line.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by OakBehringer
      Quick JB - yes; regular JB - no

At least... That’s what I’ve read on like 100 forum posts after googling “gas proof epoxy.”

Anyway, I’m going to leave the rim of the filler neck raw. Gas would only come in contact with the JB (or whatever I use) if it spills over the edge of the neck.

*shrugs* if not JB - something

The SprayMax 2K clear is totally gas resistant. I just need to seal the edge of the paint line.
      I don't trust any of it..... I just keep it away from any kind of paint/JB weld and all is good.....

Comment

• OakBehringer
        • May 2011

Just wanted to let future readers know that the JB Weld (not fast dry) worked great. Although it was thick and difficult to work with, I painted it on with a brush, let it dry, sanded it smooth. I also used a syringe to inject it into the recess between the body of the tank and the filler neck. All good. Tons of contact with gas, no issues. This work was done after sanding down to bare metal on the top half of the filler neck.

I just sold the bike - moving across the county, didn't want to deal with shipping. It was a beauty, looking forward to doing it all again.

Comment

• shovel625
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
          I don't trust any of it..... I just keep it away from any kind of paint/JB weld and all is good.....
          truth, gas will eat it

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;