Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

JOE KING Helmet's WTF?!

Trying to find out if anyone on here has ever ordered a Joe king helmet? How was your experience?

The reason I ask, I ordered one on June 8th (2 months 11 days ago) and still haven't received mine. I've tried contacting Paulo about my order status and no response (4 times). I asked before ordering if I would receive it before born free and he said it's possible but may take a week or so longer before I got it. Is this guy legit or what?

cheers
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

FIle a chargeback on you credit card. I would.

Also holy shit those poser helmets are an insane ripoff! No mandible protection for that much money to imitate cheap helmets from ancient times? Helmets are disposable (once compromised by impact) head protection, but open face helmets have shitty wind control vs modern full coverage helmets and don't leave your former jaw and teeth in the street.

What's next, vintage cock sleeves to give youthful penis the mottled, warty, gnarled, twisted appearance of my aging biker dick and some eau de nutsack cologne for matching smell? Even if it's a REALLY NICE cock sleeve the object is questionable...

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by farmall
      FIle a chargeback on you credit card. I would.

Also holy shit those poser helmets are an insane ripoff! No mandible protection for that much money to imitate cheap helmets from ancient times? Helmets are disposable (once compromised by impact) head protection, but open face helmets have shitty wind control vs modern full coverage helmets and don't leave your former jaw and teeth in the street.

What's next, vintage cock sleeves to give youthful penis the mottled, warty, gnarled, twisted appearance of my aging biker dick and some eau de nutsack cologne for matching smell? Even if it's a REALLY NICE cock sleeve the object is questionable...
      ahaha very well put. beautiful metaphor. I'll contact my bank, thanks for the input man. I did some research before deciding to purchase and everyone said they're some cushy head pieces, but didn't see anything about the guy ripping people off.

Comment

• tzienlee
        • Apr 2024

from what i gather from a thread on ''Another site'' , he isn't a ''Rip Off'' Artist, those with his helmets are very happy with them...… after they get them,.... some have waited 9 months, some a year if it's custom work you want, others who just wanted a plain helmet seem to have gotten them in a couple of weeks,....he also seems Shit at answering phones, emails and text messages & generally shit at communication,... but people do eventually get their order but as said, it can take literally a year with no communication before ya get it..... Personally I don't work that way & wouldn't accept it from others,...… plus who gives a shit what ya Lid looks like ??…. it's only a helmet after all,....

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Personally I don't work that way & wouldn't accept it from others
          Quoted for wisdom!

Industrial machine and fab and other shops turn out custom work every day on time and to spec, yet the motorcycle world is often stuck in the past where local shop owners were used to having customers over the proverbial barrel.

Comment

• Rhysmort
            • May 2017

Yeah he's legit man, I waited 7 months for mine (Uk based) I know Paulo and met him in person numerous times, it can be a little on the slow side but it will get there. Depends if you want to wait it out or not. He's a reasonable guy!

Comment

• Bbqbiker
              • May 2015

Holy crap!! $265 for a crappy cosplay helmet?? How’s a hipster beard model gonna pay for all that beard oil??

Last edited by Bbqbiker; 08-20-2018, 3:43 PM.

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
                • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Rhysmort
                Yeah he's legit man, I waited 7 months for mine (Uk based) I know Paulo and met him in person numerous times, it can be a little on the slow side but it will get there. Depends if you want to wait it out or not. He's a reasonable guy!
                Thanks for the feedback man. I ended up disputing it with my bank. if they don't accept I guess I'm waiting. one would think there would be a disclaimer on the store webpage since this has happened so consistently for so long.

anyways thanks for all the responses everyone.

Comment

• Rhysmort
                  • May 2017

Originally posted by firstripholdmybeer
                  Thanks for the feedback man. I ended up disputing it with my bank. if they don't accept I guess I'm waiting. one would think there would be a disclaimer on the store webpage since this has happened so consistently for so long.

anyways thanks for all the responses everyone.
                  Yeah no worries bud, I had a lot of custom painting done on mine, so I expected a long wait, was a few years ago. But since I've met Paulo several times and hung out with him etc he's a decent guy. I know his helmets aren't for everybody, but then again, I feel the same about some of the clown helmets others wear.

Anyway hope you sort it man!

Comment

• bobberadam
                    • Jan 2011

Should have done some research, I have seen this type of thing numerous times in the last couple years... I am not sure why people are even trying to stick up for him? "he is a reasonable guy, only took 7 months to get mine" WTF, guy sounds real reasonable when he wont respond in a timely fashion when he is only 3 months past due on an order...... I guess no one believes in the under promise and over deliver mindset anymore.

anyone ever order a helmet from these guys? they look pretty cool - was wondering how expensive they were / how long it took to get one / etc. thanks.

Comment

• Rhysmort
                      • May 2017

Originally posted by bobberadam
                      Should have done some research, I have seen this type of thing numerous times in the last couple years... I am not sure why people are even trying to stick up for him? "he is a reasonable guy, only took 7 months to get mine" WTF, guy sounds real reasonable when he wont respond in a timely fashion when he is only 3 months past due on an order...... I guess no one believes in the under promise and over deliver mindset anymore.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...ht=king+helmet

I'm not sticking up for him, I clearly stated mine took a fucking age to get to me. But I know the guy personally and he's a decent bloke. Not sticking up for his slow replies, it's common ground that he's slow. BUT, if you like that kind of lid his are really nice.

Comment

• tzienlee
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by bobberadam

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...ht=king+helmet
                        I Totally agree with you bobberadam,....
                        it doesn't matter how nice you are, or how good a product you CAN produce,
                        if you cannot produce it as per declared you should quit...……
                        I could & would NEVER treat people in this way and hope to have either a good reputation or a business to go to Monday morning,...
                        The only god save I can see is that it seems like only Hipsters are getting the shitty end of the stick,...
                        hahahahahahahahahahah
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Rhysmort
                          • May 2017

That's fair enough, but it's kind of embarrassing that you call people like myself hipsters for liking an open face helmet. Without the younger guys taking an interest there would be no business, there would be no future, and the bikes would all disappear and rot away.

Each to their own.

Comment

• Hoghead
                            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Rhysmort
                            That's fair enough, but it's kind of embarrassing that you call people like myself hipsters for liking an open face helmet. Without the younger guys taking an interest there would be no business, there would be no future, and the bikes would all disappear and rot away.

Each to their own.
                            Mate, don't worry about it. When old farts like me bitch about 'hipsters' it's usually aimed at someone younger, better looking and having more fun. Oh yeah- they can also still ride kickstart rigids without a trip to the doctors afterwards

Comment

• Rhysmort
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by Hoghead
                              Mate, don't worry about it. When old farts like me bitch about 'hipsters' it's usually aimed at someone younger, better looking and having more fun. Oh yeah- they can also still ride kickstart rigids without a trip to the doctors afterwards
                              Nah I'm good, just a silly statement to make. There's plenty of asshats on sports bikes here to make up for more than the share of wannabe hipsters on their cone shovels.

This hipster will just enjoy riding his UL.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;