Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M4k0
    • Feb 2016

Got my valve replaced, ran comp test and adjusted the pushrods on front and rear. Now getting over 90psi on both cylinders. Still buttoning it up, but the compression changed for the better, replaced the ignition due to it not working properly. Went with a gasbox carb support to clean up the engine a little.

Gonna run the S&S super b carb for a bit, I'll swap over later on once I've got it dialed in as I dont want to get an air cleaner for the CV yet.

Comment

• M4k0
      • Feb 2016

Got it running finally! Smoking on the rear exhaust but I think its from the oil that built up in the exhaust as when I pulled the plug to check it found it looking fairly good. Needs fine tuned but, I can live with that for now since it isn't on the road yet.

On the to do list: Brakes, Tires, Chain, and lube everything that needs lubed.

Bought some dixie distributing jugs and pistons new in the box for this winter for a complete top end refresh, project total now 1500.
      Last edited by M4k0; 09-17-2018, 11:18 AM. Reason: removed video will reupload

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Nice price!

Comment

• M4k0
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by farmall
          Nice price!
          Yeah, not gonna count tires towards the final cost because they are a wear item, just like oil and gas. Lol

Cleaning up a few things with wiring I dont like, like zero fuses or breakers. Plan on just riding it as is for now, grunge and all.

Comment

• M4k0
            • Feb 2016

Still smoking like noones buisness. Pulled the head again and replaced the both valve guide seals. No change.

Front smokes a little but nothing terrible, rear pours oil and smoke. I am leaning towards either Ive got the head torqued wrong, valve guide out or rings failing. I pulled the plug and doesnt look to have oil on it so unsure.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;