X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kdub13
    • Dec 2017

Plugging off primary oiler?

Hey there,

I am doing a bunch of research about plugging off the primary oiler and oil return on my shovel, but I can not find anything about what to use to do it? Do I need to tap the oil pump? Is there something specific I can just plug it with? Any Help would be greatly appreciated about how to go about doing this correctly.

I am running an open primary for the first time so I am trying to learn about this. Thanks
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kdub13
    Hey there,

I am doing a bunch of research about plugging off the primary oiler and oil return on my shovel, but I can not find anything about what to use to do it? Do I need to tap the oil pump? Is there something specific I can just plug it with? Any Help would be greatly appreciated about how to go about doing this correctly.

I am running an open primary for the first time so I am trying to learn about this. Thanks
    You can use a hose clamp and a bolt, I put a ball bearing in mine because I still have them hooked up to the primary for looks...

Just in case you didn't know it, Keep your pants leg out of the belt...

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Converting a 71 FL that had an FX primary on it to an open belt. Just had a quick question about the oil line configuration before I try to start the thing. I have: 1) eliminated the Vent line to the primary by getting rid of the 'T' and running a solid line (number 4) 2) cut and plugged the front chain oiler line (number

Or ....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

^^^^^ Now that is cool as hell...^^^^^

Comment

• kdub13
          • Dec 2017

That is very cool, I have never seen an oil filter there before, I just ran some very short line from the oiler, to the return. Easiest solution for now til I can figure out that badass oil filter set up

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...