Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philphine
    • Jul 2013

Johnny pag 750 shadow engine?

Caught a deal on a johnny pag spyder chopper that I think just needs the carbs cleaned. For now I just want it as a cool scooter type thing, but if i can get some other projects done i want try swapping in another engine.

I've looked at A few xs650 swaps on you tube, and one each of a 750/4 honda and 750 twin kaw swap, but all are older engines that would be harder to come up with. Nice ones anyway.

In my couple.days searching I did come up with one 250 virago swap, which makes me hopeful of a smallish v twin swap. In my searching I did see mention of a shadow/pag swap, but it looks like an old cycle trader ad with nothing there when you click on it. I'd prefer it to the other mentioned engines, as i know a tad more about vtwins and like my hondas.

So all that to ask, I know I need to break out the tape measurer and find a shadow engine to size up (an ace I guess. The one that's chain driven), but is there anyone who might have heard of this swap, or maybe was rhe one that did it? Like i said, I'm a good while away from.attempting it, but just hoping I can luck.into a head start on info or doability. Thanks.
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Why not just ride it as it is and enjoy it... Then when you want something bigger buy something bigger... I just looked and they aren't anything special.... They are cool but not worth putting a bunch of work into...

Comment

• Philphine
      • Jul 2013

I have bigger bikes. I just like the idea of trying it.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Never heard of one, so:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	johnnypagspyder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1304413
        The Johnny Pag Spyder 300 retails for a mere $4099 ($4999 in Canada). It's the brainchild of California custom bike designer Johnny Pag, who has been crafting expensive one-off bikes for celebrities since the early 1970s. Johnny Pag spent many months over the course of several years in China, overseeing the development and production of this amazingly affordable head-turner. His son JR traveled alongside him to China and oversees sales operations in North America.
        "visit the forums at ACD (www.alternativecruisers.com).
        Many happy customers there. JR Pag is an active member..."
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

^^^^^ Yep neither have I...^^^^^^^

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

They turn up on Craigslist fairly often. It's got pit bike potential for riding around swap meets. Go for it and do something bizarre if it won't suck effort from better projects.

Alternate option, pretty it up and sell it then install that money in something else.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
              • Dec 2017

If you do find a 750/4 engine, it will fit:
              BRUCE PRESCOTT'S BUILT HONDA 750/4 JOHNNY PAG SPYDER
              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Philphine
                • Jul 2013

Yeah I saw that one. Made me look at night hawk engines. I think I'd rather have a v twin though, if I could pull it off. Gonna try to get some rough measurements of a chain drive 750 shadow when I can, to see if I should keep thinking on it.

Comment

• Philphine
                  • Jul 2013

Stopped by the honda dealer with my tape and note book. Luckily they had two chain drive shadows so I got some preliminary measurements. Looks.like there's enough room for it.

But like I said, I have a couple.projects already going so unless I catch a really good deal I'll just be thinking on if and doing some smaller projects (like the poor running is a cracked rubber boot between the filter and carbs) and seeing if I can just get it running as a really stylish scooter for now. Thanks all.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;