Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firstripholdmybeer
    • Apr 2018

Running a ferrule to throttle

I ordered one of the Kustom Tech Deluxe throttles and I'm wondering if I'll need to run a ferrule to the housing assembly. If you look at the link below and the bottom picture of the four there's no ferrule installed. Wondering if theres a rule of thumb to follow, I've always had a ferrule on my bike. looks like a lock nut is already attached?

Motorcycles and design are our passion, and we are here to support and foster that passion in creative enthusiasts of all kinds around the world. We want to teach and inspire through our shop. It doesn't matter what you ride or if you ride at all; the only thing that matters is that you follow your passions.

thanks guys
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

a Ferrule is just the outer Bowden cable finishing piece, ….
    it then fits in the adjuster, screwed into the throttle and once adjusted is locked off by the lock nut...………
    what is it you call a ferrule and why do you need it ?....
    this is a cable ferrule,.....
    Attached Files

Comment

• firstripholdmybeer
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by tzienlee
      a Ferrule is just the outer Bowden cable finishing piece, ….
      it then fits in the adjuster, screwed into the throttle and once adjusted is locked off by the lock nut...………
      what is it you call a ferrule and why do you need it ?....
      this is a cable ferrule,.....
      thanks for the response and clarifying that. based on what you've said seems like I'm ok without one. I'm going to to have the adjuster at the carb end.

The ferrules I have are too large to fit the inner diameter of the housing (for a snug fit).

example with just the Bowden into the throttle, without a ferrule.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1304350

Comment

• tzienlee
        • Apr 2024

that looks fine to me fella,.. as long as you have a ferrule at the end of the outer to stop it compressing the cable coils it should be ok,... this way you will have an adjuster at both ends of the cable which is sometimes a bonus...

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

More adjustment makes me smile. Too bad there's no magic Bowden sheath that's "all adjuster".

Comment

• Davestune
            • May 2014

i have one of thos throttles on my pan , its real nice no slop at all, I forgot what i did. they should just make it like a normal one and leave the stupid out

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;