Cobra style seat on wassell style fender?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 53hemi
    • Jan 2012

Cobra style seat on wassell style fender?

Anyone make a seat or seat pan with a groove / notch for the rib in a wassell style fender?
  • tzienlee
    • Apr 2024

knew someone who cut up another wassell mudguard & used it as the base, about the only way to get a good fit unless ya a good fabriator & can make one yaself,...
    only other way would be to use tall spacers each side, you can make these with hard rubber tap washers with penny washers each side but the seat won't sit flat,
    personally I'd just fit a flat mudguard ,.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2021, 8:16 AM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

Make Your Own Seat Pan

"So you want to make a seat pan for your new chop, but don’t have the equipment to make one out of steel… then FIBERGLASS is for you.
      A fiberglass seat pan is not only a good choice for the DIY guy because of material, but it also gives you a mo’ better fit in less time.
      We decided to change the seat setup on “Dixie Wrecked” and went with a fiberglass pan.
      You can pick up all the materials you need at your local auto parts’ store. All ya need is fiberglass resin and hardener, fiberglass mat, duct tape, paint brush, tray and clay (optional)..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	clip_image0025_thumb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1321280

Name:	clip_image008_thumb1.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1321279

Name:	clip_image00229_thumb.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1321277

Name:	clip_image00231_thumb.jpg
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1321278

So you want to make a seat pan for your new chop, but don’t have the equipment to make one out of steel… then FIBERGLASS is for you. A fiberglass seat pan i
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• flatman
        • Sep 2017

you could also mark where the seat pan hits the fender and mark it, slot the rib pound it flat an weld it. seems Tattoo did something like that so his taillight sat flat. Come on Tattoo throw up that pic for inspiration, LOL seriously I always liked it. PS anybody remember when they were free or about 5 bucks at the swap meet? And they ALWAYS had about 20 holes in them?
        Last edited by flatman; 11-29-2021, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

2012 Thread: Fiberglass Seatpan

Im sure a few of you have made one or two. Any advice? Im attempting to make one this weekend because I can't find anything I like and making shit is way cooler than buying it. I've never done any fiberglass work before. Any tips or tricks I should know?

A Brief Guide to Making a Custom Motorcycle Seat from Scratch

"While not rocket science, there are a few things to bear in mind if you are making a motorbike seat from scratch. If you want to upholster and cover a custom seat, using some of these ideas will hopefully improve the finished seat and make it much easier and cheaper to trim and finish. ..

A flat metal or fibreglass seat base suffers from the following six issues:

-- There is no easy way to fix the seat cover to the base...
          -- The edge of the metal base will show by pushing through the seat cover...
          -- The normal way to fix the cover to a metal or fibreglass base is to use pop-rivets...
          -- If the base is flat, these rivets will be probably be visible from the side or back of the bike...
          -- Modern bike seats do not have flat seat bases...
          -- The base will probably be very flexible...

How to Make Custom Chopper Saddles

If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• james69
            • Feb 2018

Loveseat Wassell Frender Bracket$35-40 USD This Bracket bolts to the underside of Most Butts seats and allows you to solidly mount the seat to a ribbed fender, allowing the seat to sit directly on the rib while better supporting the passenger.Comes with hardware.This will also fit the Backseat and Lazyboy perfectly.Available in Nickel Plated, Parkerized and Raw.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;