Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuklhd
    • Sep 2013

Man i'm a broke hard working old man like a bunch of the guys here, cmon admit it. I got a copy because I came across a 59FLH basket case that was taken apart over 30 years ago. I wanted to see what I had and what I needed as far as 59's went. It sure isn't a concourse restoration but a complete mechanical resto. It also kept me from picking up wrong year and repop stuff. I have manuals for bikes i'll never own lol. Part of the fun for me is researching things. This is the first pan I've owned that didn't have parts from many diferent years and models.

Comment

• nuklhd
      • Sep 2013

Man, hipster and yuppie. No one ever called me that on the street or when I was doing time. I hope you don't think i'm trying to start any kind of argument as I respect just about anything you offer on this forum farmall.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by nuklhd
        I got a copy because I came across a 59FLH basket case that was taken apart over 30 years ago. ls.
        I bought a copy because you can't have to much knowledge........... If anyone doesn't want to purchase the book or if think they know it all that's just fine with me...... I say don't buy it.......

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
          • Jul 2018

Man, hipster and yuppie. No one ever called me that on the street or when I was doing time. I hope you don't think i'm trying to start any kind of argument as I respect just about anything you offer on this forum farmall.
          If you were doin rad stuff thirty years ago, you're neither.
          I'm talking new money too much money too much time. How many of you (thirty years ago) could've had the baddest bikes ever with unlimited funds and straight teeth?

I don't think there's any argument.
          Also don't forget, farmall, that I work in a library and am a major nerd and kinda just like books. But yes, I definitely need parts more than books.

Comment

• Dragstews
            • Sep 2010

Man i'm a broke hard working old man like a bunch of the guys here, cmon admit it. I got a copy because I came across a 59FLH basket case that was taken apart over 30 years ago. I wanted to see what I had and what I needed as far as 59's went. It sure isn't a concourse restoration but a complete mechanical resto. It also kept me from picking up wrong year and repop stuff. I have manuals for bikes i'll never own lol. Part of the fun for me is researching things. This is the first pan I've owned that didn't have parts from many diferent years and models.
            Ed Church got lucky ....

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• farmall
              • Apr 2013

Also don't forget, farmall, that I work in a library and am a major nerd and kinda just like books.
              If I had that job (and the downloadable resource access which goes with it) I'd have a spectacular personal library and become a scanning guru. You could probably locate a copy to see if it's worth it to buy.

Scanning is a common way for those with vision impairments (ain't old age grand?) and dyslexia to read otherwise problematic content.

As dyslexics struggle with reading, pouring over pages of small, tightly-printed text may not be the best option. Luckily, book scanning has become a viable option for transferring printed text into PDFs and eBook format to help dyslexics read.

Example pricing: https://boundbookscanning.com/

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by babysfirstbike86
                How many of you (thirty years ago) could've had the baddest bikes ever with unlimited funds and straight teeth?

I had one!!!!!!!!!!
                I built a bad ass bike from scratch, in then and today's standards 45 years ago with no money with all my teeth...... I worked in a recap tire shop and made very little money........

It's amazing what you can do when you try..............
                Attached Files

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
                  • Jul 2018

Originally posted by farmall
                  If I had that job (and the downloadable resource access which goes with it) I'd have a spectacular personal library and become a scanning guru. You could probably locate a copy to see if it's worth it to buy.

Scanning is a common way for those with vision impairments (ain't old age grand?) and dyslexia to read otherwise problematic content.

As dyslexics struggle with reading, pouring over pages of small, tightly-printed text may not be the best option. Luckily, book scanning has become a viable option for transferring printed text into PDFs and eBook format to help dyslexics read.

Example pricing: https://boundbookscanning.com/
                  I've looked in our system and we don't have one. I'm not a librarian (!) So I don't have powers behind the curtain. I've requested they add a copy, but as it is, the car repair books have been phased out. I tried to find it that way first. I wonder if there is a scanned version somewhere in the database... didn't really think of that. I usually print out pictures for swap meets so I can show people what I'm talking about that way.

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                    I had one!!!!!!!!!!
                    I built a bad ass bike from scratch, in then and today's standards 45 years ago with no money with all my teeth...... I worked in a recap tire shop and made very little money........

It's amazing what you can do when you try..............
                    That bike is crazy! Where is it now? Everyone I know "building" bikes today is making killer bikes like that (okay probably not half as cool, but with all the right looks) and it takes them a month to do because money is no object. I'm just gonna keep taking my time.

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

How many of you (thirty years ago) could've had the baddest bikes ever with unlimited funds and straight teeth?
                      Not me ... !!!

I could eat corn off the cob though a picket fence ... !!!

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

That bike is crazy! Where is it now?

I kept it for 5 years, I changed it 3 times before I traded it for a 73 vette pic below..... It didn't have the blower on it when I bought it......

The guy that ended up with my bike rode it for about 3 years before he blew the motor up. I know where the cases are.... A pic below was it when I traded it off in 1980....... But I do have that exact frame...... I found it about a year ago...... It's in my shop right now.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
                          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Tattooo
                          I kept it for 5 years, I changed it 3 times before I traded it for a 73 vette pic below..... It didn't have the blower on it when I bought it......

The guy that ended up with my bike rode it for about 3 years before he blew the motor up. I know where the cases are.... A pic below was it when I traded it off in 1980....... But I do have that exact frame...... I found it about a year ago...... It's in my shop right now.....
                          What are you doing with the frame? Are you getting the cases? My dad had a 69 grand prix when I was little that he sold when I was 16 about to get my license. Not a "cool" car by any standards but if I could find it I'd be so happy. Something about getting the thing back you had and let go of... that corvette is killer. It looks like a cartoon!

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
                            • Jul 2018

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191105_161428.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	1314006

Does it look like maybe the shredded metal bits might've come from here?

Plthhhh

Comment

• Dragstews
                              • Sep 2010

The 50-52 motor case should have a bushing in it, your motor has a Torrington Needle bearing ...
                              Those was used from 58 and up ...

Comment

• babysfirstbike86
                                • Jul 2018

Okay... is that good? Bad? Weird?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;