CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default Question with rewiring my headlight.. 96 XLC

hey cc,

So I'm doing some rewiring to my 96 stock harness. my goal with the headlight is to have the low beam always running and have the high beam unplugged and ready as a back up filament when ever the low blows (plug n play terminals attached). what do you think about this?

a couple things throwing me off here are the orange/white and Blue wires. Says Orange/White for HDI models only and Blue is the running light. Doesn't look like the Orange/white is going to anything so I'm guessing its there in case it were a HDI model?

Simply wanting a opinion, if I were to just have negative and power through the yellow would this wiring work? Should I worry about getting rid of the White, Blue, and orange/white wires?

Thanks for the helps guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8216.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	308.9 KB 
ID:	85554

Name:	IMG_8219.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	294.3 KB 
ID:	85555

Name:	IMG_8218.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	85556

"...my goal with the headlight is to have the low beam always running and have the high beam unplugged and ready as a back up filament when ever the low blows (plug n play terminals attached). what do you think about this?"

Hhmm, I think this doesn't make a lot of sense - to me anyhow.
    I like to have the lowbeam on a switch that allows me to turn it on after the bike is started.
    You can use your highbeam as a backup if the low beam blows just by turning it on - if it is connected to power and a switch.

I like to wire a chopper headlight with the tail light, and the brake light on a three-way toggle switch - off in the middle, down for low beam, and up for high beam (tail and brake powered in up/down positions). All lights out in the middle position to avoid gettin' caught in a high-speed pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Hhmm, I think this doesn't make a lot of sense - to me anyhow. .

Me either that's why I didn't respond...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 07-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

I'd Bet he believes when on low,There is one filament on,and when on high, your on both filaments ……don't think he knows how a headlight works !!!! ,.. it sounds like he wants to wire it so it's the same as it is ???......

Quote Originally Posted by tzienlee View Post
    I'd Bet he believes when on low,There is one filament on,and when on high, your on both filaments ……don't think he knows how a headlight works !!!! ,.. it sounds like he wants to wire it so it's the same as it is ???......
    That might be ..... We shall see????

Informational Post thanks for answers.

Share This