Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adammoto
    • Jun 2018

It just simply dies no popping or anything.

Comment

• rockman96
      • May 2018

Originally posted by Adammoto
      Basing this on experiences with bad/going bad coils, I’m betting this is not your coil.

It could be the ignition, but there again, in my experience, they usually are dead or not. Obviously other folks have had different experiences. Know anyone with an old stock ign laying around that you could try?

Also make real sure there are no wires able to touch ground anywhere throughout the ign circuit. I’ve seen that too.

Comment

• laeljon
        • Dec 2016

The same thing happen to a bike I bought a few yrs ago....clogged gas cap....all is well, now.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by andri
          I'd lean against ignition as well. Be it th coil or the module it self.
          Do you know what ignition you are running?
          Adammoto; I have the same question - what make/model of ignition are you runnin'? I started doing some research then quickly realized suggested solutions are very specific to the type of system.

Adammoto - which type of ignition are ya runnin'?
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• ChopperDani
            • Apr 2016

When you say die.....like all the lights and shit go out, or as if you lose fuel?

The first lil thing id check is the fuel system....does the gas tank have a vent? is it Vape Locking, causing you not to get fuel to the carb and then slowly loses the vape pressure to the point you can run it again. When it gets hot, the Vape Locking is more likely to occur and especially if your fuel line is touching anything hot.

Check Vape Lock

Comment

• ChopperDani
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Andy99
              Try running it up the road with the fuel cap slightly loose. Sometimes the little breather hole in fuel tank caps becomes blocked and fuel won’t flow freely to carb causing it to cut out
              THIS!!!! aka Vape Lock

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

What we really need now is a hell of a lot more information!!!!!

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Adammoto
                  Does it die or does it shut off???? There is a difference....

Comment

• Adammoto
                    • Jun 2018

Ok sorry had a hell of a morning! But to answer y’alls questions I’d say it just dies! All the lights stay on ect ect so it’s still getting power which kinda tells me that it’s not the ignition but then again I could very well be wrong about that! And I also do not know what brand the ignition is the bike got past down to me from my grandpa so I really don’t know. Everything on it is top notch not cheap stuff I know that though. Thanks for all the help btw.

Comment

• Adammoto
                      • Jun 2018

Also the breather hole in the gas cap looked pretty gunked up can’t take it apart to clean but I sure am going to try what Andy99 said to see if that’s the problem !

Comment

• shovithead
                        • Dec 2012

Coil. the can start to break down, and run, until hot. Most points run a 5 ohm, EI, 3 Ohm. Easy check running and when it quits. Simple ohm meter, disconnect both wires, do ohms test. EI, 3 ohms or close Run till it quits and disconnect again, run ohms test. If ohms changes, coil is bad. Most EI, are good or bad. Occasionally they do this and run and then quit. But it is much more rare than the coils.

Comment

• seaking
                          • Jul 2013

My girl frisked me real good on the tunnel of trees while we waited for a tow, a real opportunity turn lemons into lemonade dude.

Try crapping the ignition out while the bike is running by blowing a hairdryer over it--run a fan over the cylinders though so the bike doesn't overheat. Ignition modules do take time to crap out if they're overheating like that, and sometimes people just unload their ride instead of fixing it.

Comment

• golfish
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by ChopperDani
                            THIS!!!! aka Vape Lock
                            I agree with this..your tank isn,t vented or the vent is clogged

Comment

• ChopperDani
                              • Apr 2016

AdamMoto OP Literally just ride the bike with no gas cap and see if it helps, so easy. dont be a dumbass and do it with a full tank lol

then you can rule out Vape Lock. Mine did it when i changed tanks and petcock, that no longer uses the oem tank vent line n cap. i can notice the vape lock starting and all i do is crack the cap real quick and im good to go again. i can catch it before it kills the bike.

literally try this simple ass trick out, Rule it out and move onto the ignition if thats not it.

Comment

• Luky
                                • May 2018

I have seen this kind of problem before and it turned out to be a loose battery connection. Believe it or not.
                                If a battery connection is very hot, it can be from a loose or corroded connection.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;