CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 1998 Vstar Classic seat help

Im trying to figure out how I can install a solo springer seat on my bike. All the mounts I see made for the bike are ridiculous high price. Anyone have any cost efficient solutions for this? Would like to purchase something but I am willing to make one myself just want some input if anyone has any.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Are you keeping the rear suspension? if so, you may not need springs on your solo seat.
    Can you post a pic of your bike?

What about something like this;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragstar+650+1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	84471

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^^ Yes sir he is right...^^^^ Why do you need two set of springs?????? Is it a health reason???

I am keeping the suspension. More for aesthetic purposes than anything. do I have another option for a solo seat without springs

That is an option you can also remove the leather on the solo seat on there and form it to meet your needs, shave the foam down ect. Then reapply the leather.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by myevl3 View Post
    Im trying to figure out how I can install a solo springer seat on my bike. All the mounts I see made for the bike are ridiculous high price. Anyone have any cost efficient solutions for this? Would like to purchase something but I am willing to make one myself just want some input if anyone has any.
    Yamaha makes one that was designed for the Yamaha Bolt.
    They are sold by several vendors for as much as $179.00!
    But you can get it for... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...-/122491448908
    Last edited by Luky; 06-21-2018 at 9:37 PM.

make sure you stick to your spring plan. i did on mine and still a slightly jarring ride. i guess chopping off all the weight makes the rear ride alot stiffer.

i just grabbed a couple of s[rings from Ebay and made the front mount myself. you just have to pick your own seat, not in public anyways, thats rude.

Share This