Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myevl3
    • Jun 2018

1998 Vstar Classic seat help

Im trying to figure out how I can install a solo springer seat on my bike. All the mounts I see made for the bike are ridiculous high price. Anyone have any cost efficient solutions for this? Would like to purchase something but I am willing to make one myself just want some input if anyone has any.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Are you keeping the rear suspension? if so, you may not need springs on your solo seat.
    Can you post a pic of your bike?

What about something like this;
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dragstar+650+1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1302769
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

^^^^^ Yes sir he is right...^^^^ Why do you need two set of springs?????? Is it a health reason???

Comment

• myevl3
        • Jun 2018

I am keeping the suspension. More for aesthetic purposes than anything. do I have another option for a solo seat without springs

Comment

• rabidrider
          • May 2018

That is an option you can also remove the leather on the solo seat on there and form it to meet your needs, shave the foam down ect. Then reapply the leather.

Comment

• Luky
            • May 2018

Originally posted by myevl3
            Im trying to figure out how I can install a solo springer seat on my bike. All the mounts I see made for the bike are ridiculous high price. Anyone have any cost efficient solutions for this? Would like to purchase something but I am willing to make one myself just want some input if anyone has any.
            Yamaha makes one that was designed for the Yamaha Bolt.
            They are sold by several vendors for as much as $179.00!
            But you can get it for... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...-/122491448908
            Last edited by Luky; 06-21-2018, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• TesticularCancer
              • Feb 2015

make sure you stick to your spring plan. i did on mine and still a slightly jarring ride. i guess chopping off all the weight makes the rear ride alot stiffer.

i just grabbed a couple of s[rings from Ebay and made the front mount myself. you just have to pick your own seat, not in public anyways, thats rude.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...