Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicklyl
    • Mar 2017

And we're off !

My springer finally came, got it on and it looks good, Tell me whatcha think

Also I got my tins painted now just to get the frame chromed

• fastfiat
    • Oct 2014

Looks good Kicklyl. Hernandez?

Comment

• Nicklyl
      • Mar 2017

Thanks man no the front end was made by will at faith forgotten

Comment

• hillcat
        • Mar 2015

Looks real good, Kicklyl
        Chrome frame huh? It all should look pretty wild with those tins in the sunlight.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

That springer looks awesome. Nice paint job. I had to look back at your older posts to see what you are building:

Thread: How do I measure rake of my neck ???
          Because apparently I'm "really effing stupid like the kind of stupid that eats his own poo" I posted this question in the wrong forum mistaken the "how to" for "how to do" section, I'm now reposting here witch I think is the right place, sorry new to forums. I'm just looking for help I'm trying

Thread: What frame is this ???
          Alright guys I got my springer ordered from will at faith forgotten choppers and now I'm was wondering what frame is this ??? The best match I could find is a kraft tech ??? If anyone could help I'd appreciate it

You should be sure that the frame is in good condition (strip paint/bondo to inspect, no cracks, properly aligned) and you won't need to add or move any frame tabs, before you chrome it. You don't want to have to weld it after the chrome plating. Which plating process will you be getting done?
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Nicklyl
            • Mar 2017

Yea the tins really come alive in the light

Comment

• Nicklyl
              • Mar 2017

Thanks man yea I was planning on checking it for cracks specially around the neck area I don't belive I'll have to move any tabs thought about moving the battery plate though

Comment

• Nicklyl
                • Mar 2017

Hey guys in case anyone wanted to see how it's coming along

The new battle is keeping the frame from rusting I rattle canned "clear primer" on it and that helped tremendously but looking for other routes id like to keep the bare metal look & 5,000$ on a chrome frame isn't worth it to me money is better spent on a baker transmission and motor work

Comment

• Nicklyl
                  • Mar 2017

Also fellas I've discovered my twin cam is a evo mount twin cam (a twin cam case with evo mount ) so that's just confuses things even more
                  Last edited by Nicklyl; 09-10-2018, 8:18 PM.

Comment

• Sky
                    • Aug 2009

Springer looks rad!
                    "Crome" poedercoat looks pretty good.
                    You want EVO style cases for that frame.
                    If you had TC style cases, you'd need an adapter plate.

Comment

• Nicklyl
                      • Mar 2017

Thanks bud I'm going for the bare metal, if Ima powder coat I'd probably just coat it black, I'm trying to be a cheap ass and just keep it naked but it needs some sort of clear coating???? And on the other part I think your not understanding me, my S&S cases for the motor in my make shift garage out back is a twin cam motor with evo style mounts .....
                      Last edited by Nicklyl; 09-11-2018, 1:14 AM.

Comment

• Nicklyl
                        • Mar 2017

I have a twin cam motor that fits that frame belive it or not what the dude at S&S emailed me

Comment

• LBC75Shovel
                          • Jan 2018

That paint is galactic! Looks great man.

Comment

• OakBehringer
                            • May 2011

So... there's no way to do bare metal without it rusting. Even if you get it EXTREMELY CLEAN and 2k clear coat it, it will eventually rust. I can vouch for this. And my shit rusted under the clear when I lived in the middle of the CA desert, where it's drier than dry. It looked awesome, though:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	1305303

The thing is, which I learned the hard way, it just looked like gray or silver paint when I was more than a few feet away.

It took at least a year to show signs of rust, but once it starts, you're done for.

Anyway, it's a frame. Just paint it "metal color" - it's going to look EXACTLY THE SAME from more than a few feet away... and even when you're sitting on your bike, your eyes are more than a few feet away from the frame.

Comment

• Nicklyl
                              • Mar 2017

So I found a product called Gibbs metal protectant, it's what the industry calls a rust inhibitor it's basically penetrating oil,these guys I found that have a old bare metal pickup with a radial air plane engine in it said that's how they keep that truck from getting rust, so I bought two cans and wouldn't you know it works ! Now I just tore down the motor bout 30 mins ago some good news some bad I tore back the camchest and there was a bunch of "fueling 8000/fueling 7000 parts basically taking away the cam chain and taking it back to the old gear to gear. Bad news I measure bore x stroke it's still a 88 and that's just not doing it for me so I'm saving up rn to have the cases sent out to dark horse to slap in a 4 5/8 (4.625) fly wheels and bore to whatever I need to get to 131 but for now some eye candy for you guys

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;