Bowling green/ Elizabethtown Ky-calling all riders!

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smokehouse
    • Mar 2017

Bowling green/ Elizabethtown Ky-calling all riders!

What’s up guys I’m from horse cave Kentucky (35 miles from bowling green/elizabetown, and 70-75 miles from Louisville/ Nashville) all my friends either ride rockets or baggers and are complete fair weather riders. I guess I’m just tired of hearing about how their radios aren’t loud enough 🙄. If anyone around here is interested in getting together and chopping around shoot me a message!
  • Dragstews
    • Sep 2010

If a horse didn't fall into that cave on main street, wonder what the name of the town would have been called .. Floyd Collins ..???

.../// https://youtu.be/7vTT9wNQwMM \\\...

Poor old Floyd, they wouldn't let him "Rest In Peace" he was buried four times ..

.../// https://youtu.be/cTzQ2DtubMw \\\...

.../// https://youtu.be/yh3Oms7xwTQ \\\...
    Last edited by Dragstews; 05-30-2018, 3:16 AM.
    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Smokehouse
      • Mar 2017

Poor ole horse. Are you from here or just a historian?

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

47 years .... Born and raised .. Glasgow ..

You most likely don't know of a giant of a Man name of Big Man or Big Wilk ... Larry Wilkins was his name ... lived on the other side of the tracks off 31-W .... One of my best friends years back...
        Had the first year FX made ... Nightrain ... When he climbed on it ... It looked like a Z-50 under him...

The L&N cut right down the middle of his farm ... CXR was hauling Agent Orange for the War effort and it derailed on his property, they took the open barrels and found a sinkhole on the farm to dump them in....

Train,carrying Agent Orange, derailed in Horse Cave, KY | Vietnam ...
        My Father took photos of that Train Wreck for the Glasgow Daily Times ...

Larry grew his garden near that area, died a young man... tests showed that he was ate up with the stuff...
        His wife, Katty, sued CXR and won the suit ....
        I ate from that garden many times myself too ...

Last edited by Dragstews; 05-30-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• shovel625
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Smokehouse
          What’s up guys I’m from horse cave Kentucky (35 miles from bowling green/elizabetown, and 70-75 miles from Louisville/ Nashville) all my friends either ride rockets or baggers and are complete fair weather riders. I guess I’m just tired of hearing about how their radios aren’t loud enough ��. If anyone around here is interested in getting together and chopping around shoot me a message!
          Not sure how far you are from cincinnati, northern ky (newport,ky) but im also down for some choppin and ridin.

Comment

• shovel625
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dragstews
            47 years .... Born and raised .. Glasgow ..

You most likely don't know of a giant of a Man name of Big Man or Big Wilk ... Larry Wilkins was his name ... lived on the other side of the tracks off 31-W .... One of my best friends years back...
            Had the first year FX made ... Nightrain ... When he climbed on it ... It looked like a Z-50 under him...

The L&N cut right down the middle of his farm ... CXR was hauling Agent Orange for the War effort and it derailed on his property, they took the open barrels and found a sinkhole on the farm to dump them in....

Train,carrying Agent Orange, derailed in Horse Cave, KY | Vietnam ...
            My Father took photos of that Train Wreck for the Glasgow Daily Times ...

Larry grew his garden near that area, died a young man... tests showed that he was ate up with the stuff...
            His wife, Katty, sued CXR and won the suit ....
            I ate from that garden many times myself too ...

Thats a wild story

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Government Cover-up

Originally posted by shovel625
              Thats a wild story

Here's a photo my Dad took of the wreck that Glasgow Daily Times used on their front page....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture HCTW.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1305267

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture HCTW2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1305268

The train derailment that took place in Horse Cave involving the agent orange that the government denied being hauled occurred in June of 1966

Water Resource Management Plan Mammoth Cave National Park

Train loaded with Agent Orange derailed near Mammoth Cave.
              Many drums were ruptured and buried in sinkholes on-site.
              The wreck and burial occurred in the town of Horse Cave Kentucky, within the Gorin Mill groundwatershed, which drains through the Hidden River and Hicks Cave systems and into the Green River at Gorin Mill and Hicks Springs, approximately 20 km upstream of Mammoth Cave National Park. Gorin Mill, the largest spring in the state, is the underflow spring of the basin, while Hicks is only active under high flow or flood conditions.

Spring sediment size is representative of this flow distributary as Gorin Mill is characterized by fines where courser sediments dominate Hicks Spring. Sediment samples for dioxin congener analysis were taken at Hidden River Cave (downstream of the spill site), Gorin Mill Spring, Green River downstream from Gorin Mill, and Hicks Springs. All four locations tested positive for dioxin congeners.

The clean up is on-going even to this day ... !!

Seems that I have hi-jacked this young man's thread....
              My apologizes ....

Memories are shared only if voiced ....
              (I'm going to Shut the Fu*k up now.)

.../// https://youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY \\\...

No freaken wonder "Sally's Rock" is haunted.... That's on the Green River ...
              (Warren Co not that far from Hart Co)
              Last edited by Dragstews; 09-17-2018, 8:56 AM.

Comment

• Smokehouse
                • Mar 2017

Its a true! Its a common tale told around here. Several people have been eat up with cancer around that area. I dont know him personally but im sure my dad does. Todd chaney is his name.

Comment

• Smokehouse
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by shovel625
                  Not sure how far you are from cincinnati, northern ky (newport,ky) but im also down for some choppin and ridin.
                  I'm a few hours but im not afraid to ride amigo. Ive been to the aquarium up there a couple times, that would be a good ride..

Comment

• Smokehouse
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Dragstews

Here's a photo my Dad took of the wreck that Glasgow Daily Times used on their front page....

The train derailment that took place in Horse Cave involving the agent orange that the government denied being hauled occurred in June of 1966

Water Resource Management Plan Mammoth Cave National Park

Train loaded with Agent Orange derailed near Mammoth Cave.
                    Many drums were ruptured and buried in sinkholes on-site.
                    The wreck and burial occurred in the town of Horse Cave Kentucky, within the Gorin Mill groundwatershed, which drains through the Hidden River and Hicks Cave systems and into the Green River at Gorin Mill and Hicks Springs, approximately 20 km upstream of Mammoth Cave National Park. Gorin Mill, the largest spring in the state, is the underflow spring of the basin, while Hicks is only active under high flow or flood conditions.

Spring sediment size is representative of this flow distributary as Gorin Mill is characterized by fines where courser sediments dominate Hicks Spring. Sediment samples for dioxin congener analysis were taken at Hidden River Cave (downstream of the spill site), Gorin Mill Spring, Green River downstream from Gorin Mill, and Hicks Springs. All four locations tested positive for dioxin congeners.

The clean up is on-going even to this day ... !!

Seems that I have hi-jacked this young man's thread....
                    My apologizes ....

Memories are shared only if voiced ....
                    (I'm going to Shut the Fu*k up now.)

.../// https://youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY \\\...

No freaken wonder "Sally's Rock" is haunted.... That's on the Green River ...
                    (Warren Co not that far from Hart Co)
                    Dont apologize! I enjoyed your knowledge!

Comment

• Dragstews
                      • Sep 2010

Thanks Man .....

.../// https://youtu.be/y_gx7IJ2EmA \\\...

I miss them Hills ....

.../// https://youtu.be/VT-SFgkVlno \\\...
                      Last edited by Dragstews; 06-02-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• KevinN
                        • May 2014

I'm just a few miles northwest of Louisville on the Indiana side but have some land in Leitchfield. Going to be a while before I build that retirement home as my wife is still teaching school. I'm retired but she was born in 1970 so its going to be a while.

Comment

• Smokehouse
                          • Mar 2017

Leitchfield is just a skip and a hop from my partners lake house on Nolin. It seems like more stuff is popping up there everyday!

Comment

• SILVERBULLET
                            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by KevinN
                            I'm just a few miles northwest of Louisville on the Indiana side but have some land in Leitchfield. Going to be a while before I build that retirement home as my wife is still teaching school. I'm retired but she was born in 1970 so its going to be a while.
                            I'm also a few miles North West of Louisville. Corydon area.

Comment

• KevinN
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by SILVERBULLET
                              I'm also a few miles North West of Louisville. Corydon area.
                              Corydon is my go to for welding supplies. Used to be a sleepy town, now like many its getting over populated. I'm in Greenville.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;