Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nerissa
    • May 2018

Oil leak

Question my 77 has a major issue with leaking every bit of oil every time I ride. It comes from the left front side mostly. I've replaced the valve cover 4 times. It seems like there is to much compression an it's finding every place it can to get out. What can I do?
  • IowaChop
    • Nov 2015

Is there a breather plugged ? I do not know much about what you are riding but all engines need a way to relieve crankcase pressure or they will spew oil.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Nerissa
      Question my 77 has a major issue with leaking every bit of oil every time I ride. It comes from the left front side mostly. I've replaced the valve cover 4 times. It seems like there is to much compression an it's finding every place it can to get out. What can I do?
      Your 77 WHAT??????????

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Always put YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL in first posts. Now you know, but no one should have to guess from your profile to give you free help.

This may be useful.

Just bought a 2004 Rebel with 6,XXX miles on it for my girlfriend. Rode it for two days and it started leaking oil. From what I read it looked to be the crankshaft seal, so I ordered one up and threw it in today. Rode it up the road and it started leaking again. Seems to come from a weep hole on the left under side of

Post clear pic of leak location. "Side" is not specific. Machinery descriptions must be specific to be useful.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;