Gun Control.. lets discuss (please bring your knowledge, not media hype fed bullshit)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelsmith
    • Apr 2018

Yeah, if you want an armed revolt, that's the way to go! Dumbass ...!

Comment

• Fetch
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by afraziaaaa
      I wish guns didn't exist, at all. I don't give a fuck about the constitution or what anyone's rights are.
      They do (guns) and you should (Constitution) and this attitude ( I don't give a fuck about what anyone's rights are ) is what leads to violence against humanity.

Comment

• Revelator
        • Aug 2009

I wish guns didn't exist, at all. I don't give a fuck about the constitution or what anyone's rights are. The national guard can do a door to door sweep - operation seize and destroy or whatever they want to call it, then ban the fucking things permanently. They are absolutely useless and serve no purpose in modern American society.
        Then go away. Move to a place where communists rule Your world. America is about Freedom & Gun ownership is a huge part of that. As long as Tyrants, Assholes, & Beasts roam the Earth, Guns will serve a purpose to those who value freedom & preservation. So please leave now.

Comment

• afraziaaaa
          • Jul 2012

I knew that would get a few tight panties in here.

Guns are pointless and people suck, those are the only comments I stand by. The rest was bullshit for my own entertainment.

I don't know what the solution is to our gun problem. Whatever it is, probably isn't a reasonable one because people aren't reasonable.

Comment

• Hoghead
            • Jun 2015

Both the 'rampage' type shootings and the criminal slayings are societal to an extent. Stopping the first is a quick win- don't let the mentally ill have guns . Criminality is a bit harder to crack . We've had a bad start to the year in London -no 'rampages' but nearly 60 youngsters dead through gang violence. This has coincided with Government budget cuts to the border force and youth outreach programmes...

Comment

• SamHain
              • Apr 2024

I knew that would get a few tight panties in here.

Guns are pointless and people suck, those are the only comments I stand by. The rest was bullshit for my own entertainment.

I don't know what the solution is to our gun problem. Whatever it is, probably isn't a reasonable one because people aren't reasonable.
              Everything is pointless.

Comment

• WillSCB
                • Dec 2014

One solution that next to no one talks about is to stop handing out psych medication like candy. Just saw an article online that said that something like 35 of the past school shooters were on or withdrawing from some type of anti psychotic medication (such as prozac.) one of the side effects of these drugs is "homocidal ideation." Here is a link to the article I found: https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/. As you can see, this is an article by a group called the CCHR, this is the mission statement taken from their website- The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health industry watchdog whose mission is to eradicate abuses committed under the guise of mental health. We work to ensure patient and consumer protections are enacted and upheld as there is rampant abuse in the field of mental health. In this role, CCHR has helped to enact more than 180 laws protecting individuals from abusive or coercive mental health practices since it was formed over 48 years ago. I am not familiar with this group, but it seems like it is a watchdog for psychiatrists, not a shill for the gun or pharmaceutical lobby. While I am not an NRA fanboy, I have a very low opinion on the american pharmaceutical industry. They outspend the NRA in lobbying considerably.

Enough about all that. One thing more on topic here. Recently the federal government has been talking about national reciprocity for concealed carry. To me (and a friend of mine who is an avid gun enthusiast agrees) the reasonable approach to this to me would be to have federal standards for a concealed carry permit, and to issue a federal concealed carry permit. We have standards for a drivers license that allow us to drive in any state, why should carrying a weapon be any different? That's my $.02 on all of this.

Comment

• DustyDave
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by WillSCB
                  One solution that next to no one talks about is to stop handing out psych medication like candy. Just saw an article online that said that something like 35 of the past school shooters were on or withdrawing from some type of anti psychotic medication (such as prozac.) one of the side effects of these drugs is "homocidal ideation." Here is a link to the article I found: https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/. As you can see, this is an article by a group called the CCHR, this is the mission statement taken from their website- The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health industry watchdog whose mission is to eradicate abuses committed under the guise of mental health. We work to ensure patient and consumer protections are enacted and upheld as there is rampant abuse in the field of mental health. In this role, CCHR has helped to enact more than 180 laws protecting individuals from abusive or coercive mental health practices since it was formed over 48 years ago. I am not familiar with this group, but it seems like it is a watchdog for psychiatrists, not a shill for the gun or pharmaceutical lobby. While I am not an NRA fanboy, I have a very low opinion on the american pharmaceutical industry. They outspend the NRA in lobbying considerably.

Enough about all that. One thing more on topic here. Recently the federal government has been talking about national reciprocity for concealed carry. To me (and a friend of mine who is an avid gun enthusiast agrees) the reasonable approach to this to me would be to have federal standards for a concealed carry permit, and to issue a federal concealed carry permit. We have standards for a drivers license that allow us to drive in any state, why should carrying a weapon be any different? That's my $.02 on all of this.
                  And concealed carry should show up as an endorsement on your drivers license. If passing a background showed up there it would sure be harder to sell to the mentally ill and criminals then claim ignorance.
                  Driving that train, high on cocaine
                  Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                  Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                  And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• DoomBuggy
                    • Oct 2016

If we want to continue to allow the private ownership of guns then we need to make those who own them responsible.

Commit a crime while in the possession of a firearm, automatic death penalty, no exceptions, no appeals. And make the execution a public firing squad, I absolutely guarantee that after the fourth or fifth televised execution it will slow down gun violence.

And if someone uses your gun in a crime, you swing right there next to them. ( possible exception for reported burglaries )

With great power comes great responsibility, and a firearm is about as great a power as most men will ever see.

Comment

• SamHain
                      • Apr 2024

People commit crime don’t think they’re going to get caught. Sentencing now ain’t no joke, crime still exists. death penalty is a huge cost on the taxpayer, innocent people get convicted.....

Comment

• RickG61
                        • Oct 2016

Not sure about other states, but here in Hellinois, we are required to possess a FOID (firearm owner identification card) to buy or own a firearm or ammunition. That's great, IF you're a law abiding citizen. I'm all for a national back ground check before a purchase is made. I like the idea of the national CCL with one license good in all 50 states. From there, things get kinda gray. More laws just mean its tougher for law abiding people to buy or own. Its sort of a cliché now, but you hear it often, If gun laws work, why don't we make murder illegal? Yes, we all know it already is. And we all know it still happens. Laws aren't always the answer.

I'll reference my area again. The local animal shelter requires that if you're adopting a new dog, that the staff meet the entire family that will be living in the house with the dog. Especially any kids. I've purchased a shit ton of firearms, and for a while even had my federal dealer license. No where on any form or requirement is there anything that says, lets meet the whole family, and by that, we mean the kids. That would be a perfect time to stress that, while its your constitutional right to own a boom stick, its your responsibility as a parent to make sure your kids, your neighbor kids, and any other dumb shit kid who enters your house will never have access to your firearms. The recent string of mass shootings have a majority of them committed by kids, using mom or dad's guns. Before kids, I kept any firearm I owned hidden somewhere in the house, hoping if there was ever a break in while I was away, that the guns wouldn't be found. When my first kid came, literally, she was still a lump in a bassinet, not even crawling, much less walking, I purchased a gun safe. I have 4 kids, now all young adults, most have moved out, and not a single one of them have access to any of my firearms. Its also a lot safer when I leave home knowing that while not impossible, its not going to be an easy task to steal those guns.

Here's my thoughts.
                        1. Its your constitutional right to own. BUT its should be AFTER you've taken a class, or served your country in the military, and have an idea of safe handling and responsibility as a gun owner.
                        2. Sure, you're allowed to buy. You've completed your class, now, what's your plan on storage? You got kids in the house. Putting it under your mattress or on a shelf up in the closet is not an option. Prove you have a means of securing the gun, and you'll be allowed to own one.
                        3. Any parent who allowed access to a firearm used in a mass shooting by their child will forfeit the right to own any firearm in the future. They will also be held accountable as an accessory to the crime their kid committed with a firearm if they cannot prove they made every reasonable attempt to prohibit access to that firearm from the kid.
                        4. How about we run prisons like what a prison should be. Not a country club with TVs and exercise equipment. Truth in sentencing laws. Most rights forfeited while incarcerated. You get a cell, food, a uniform, and that's where you sit, 24/7, until your sentence is served. Period. Make it the deterrent it should be.
                        5. Ban the media from divulging the names of shooters, so notoriety is not a reason to commit these shootings. "I'll be famous" should not be a reason.
                        6. Murder is a mandatory life sentence. I don't care about cost. My safety is worth every penny. My wife and kids safety is worth every penny. You pull a trigger, someone dies, after its been proven beyond that reasonable doubt that you did it, Good bye. Get in the cell and shut the fuck up. No, I oppose the death penalty, but not because its inhumane. I want that fucker to sit in a cell and think about what he or she did for the rest of their miserable life. And I want it miserable.
                        7. If you are being treated for a mental disorder, how about giving up those firearms for awhile? If you can be cured, they're returned. If not, maybe you shouldn't have one. For your own safety, and the safety of others. Someone in your house being treated? Where's the gun safe? Who has access? Again, better safe than sorry.
                        8. NO GUN FREE ZONES!!. That's just a sign on a building that lets the shooters know that all the law abiding citizens inside will be unarmed and unable to stop any shooting. If you as a businessman want to make your place of business a mandatory gun free zone, you'd better also have armed guards on the payroll. If you're demanding I leave my protection outside, you'd better assume the roll of protecting those inside.

Door to door confiscation would NEVER work. The, "when they pry it from my cold dead hands" mentality would lead to lots of bloodshed. And, unless you have as many National Guard members as there are non members, the plan would never work. As soon as my neighbor down the street was getting searched and weapons were being taken, mine would be hidden or moved. Nope, no guns in my house, have a nice day, thanks for stopping by. If you can't search every house and business AT THE SAME TIME, it would never work.

While I agree with the nationwide federal CCL, I don't think it should show up on a regular drivers license. I have to show that ID in far too many places. The whole idea of CCL is to NOT broadcast you may be carrying. You become the first target. Show your drivers license to the zit faced kid who's planning on shooting up the place of business you just entered, and produced an ID for some reason, you're on his list, at the top of it, because he knows you may be armed. Separate license, no reason to notify any of the idiots around you that you may be packing.

Comment

• hillcat
                          • Mar 2015

welp...OK... good. We solved that problem, now on to another big issue.

Should sex robots be dishwasher safe for cleaning or is that too gross?
                          Maybe just the garden hose.

Comment

• nofendertom
                            • Apr 2014

Do not confuse privileges with RIGHTS. Adopting a dog or having a drivers license
                            is a privilege---owning a firearm is a Constitutional RIGHT and can only be amended by a specified Constitutional
                            amendment process, not by the stroke of a pen of senators and congressmen.
                            No need for door to door confiscation---all that needs to be done is find out who has
                            gone through the background check process and then notify those people that their drivers license or any other
                            license they may possess (contractor, realtor,etc.) will be suspended until they turn in ALL their firearms.The few
                            that bought guns through private sales before background checks really would not matter much because now
                            private sale of ammo and ammo components would be banned. Shooting ranges would be closed for EPA reasons
                            (indoor) and sky high insurance rates (outdoor),also no more shooting on National Forest Land.
                            Concealed Carry Licenses are just another way to get names on a list and those licenses
                            can easily be done away with.

Comment

• afraziaaaa
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by hillcat
                              welp...OK... good. We solved that problem, now on to another big issue.

Should sex robots be dishwasher safe for cleaning or is that too gross?
                              Maybe just the garden hose.
                              If they are dishwasher safe, we run into problems of serviceability, cost of ownership and lack of lifelike feel.

My vote is for hand wash only, because the market won't bear the cost of dishwasher safe sex robots. I think smaller toys are the limit there.

Comment

• Tattooo
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by nofendertom
                                Concealed Carry Licenses are just another way to get names on a list and those licenses can easily be done away with.

Yes sir..... I've said that for years.... They have a list of people that have guns...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;