CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default !Evel Live! Travis Pastrana will honor his legacy by recreating three of Evelís Jumps

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-...ana-evel-jump/

Airing on the HISTORYģ Network Live from Las Vegas Sunday, July 8 at 8PM ET / 5PM PT

__________________________________________________ __

Pretty wild story I have about the Custom FXR in the movie above at the 5:10 mark...

Met E.K. in Vegas...He came into Staz's Bike shop when I was working there. All the people in the shop stopped what they were doing and was getting his autograph..
    I went back in the service area to get a sale flyer that the Areocharger people had out...In it had a picture of Evel on a FXR with one of their Chargers on it.
    I wanted him to sign it..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture EK fxr.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	84009

He did sign it..Still have it today...While I was talking to him I ask him if he still had that bike...He said he did, but took off the Turbo..!!!

Being somewhat of a smart-ass.....I ask him why...Did it scare you...?

He looked at me like he wanted to take a base-ball bat to my head and then cracked a grin.....In my book this guy was one of the greats in motorcycle history....RIP E.K.

He also gave me his card ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture EK bc.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	84010
    __________________________________________________ _______

About the up-coming Vegas event ....

We're very excited to see Travis Pastrana recreating some of Evel Knievel's most iconic jumps on the S&S sponsored Indian Motorcycle FTR750! Nitro Circus is always entertaining and we will for sure be tuned into HISTORY to watch it live!

We are proud to announce that the Indian Scout FTR750 will be used in “Evel Live”, a three-hour live event where Travis Pastrana will recreate some of Evel Knievel’s most famous jumps. The event will be broadcast live on HISTORY produced in partnership with Nitro Circus.
    Last edited by Dragstews; 05-15-2018 at 5:48 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

that's cool he's using ftr.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah ... That's a new kind of "Bad-Ass" ...

Get Adobe Flash player

If anybody embodies Evels spirit it’s TP199.

Get Adobe Flash player

HERO!! When I was a punk ass kid in the 70s, every kid with a bicycle was Evel Knievel. We would knock the hinge pin out of the metal lids of big trash dumpsters and prop them up with cinder blocks to make some real dangerous ramps. Fun days they were! I will be watching.

Get Adobe Flash player

The show will be live from Las Vegas ...
    Better stock up on supply's being it's three hours long..

America’s famous stuntman recreated Evel Knievel’s jumps

As part of the TV channel History’s ‘Evel Live’ event on July 8, Travis Pastrana and his crew will go on a live-transmission show to perform three bike jump attempts recreating Evel Knievel’s stunts that put the word ‘famous’ suffixed to his name.

They will include the recreation of the Knievel’s jumping across the fountain at Caesars Palace, a jump across 50 cars and a jump over 14 buses. The event is being organized by Nitro Circus, Pastrana’s extreme sports company that conducts adventure series live shows around the world.

Travis Pastrana will jump over Caeser's Palace fountain, 14 buses and 50 cars.

A professional motocross racer, 17-time X Games winner, world record distant jumper, and the list goes on. Having so many tags behind his name, Travis Pastrana is undoubtedly the craziest daredevil there is out there. He has already had 32 surgeries and is still earning to get onto his bike every single time.

Exactly like our daredevil American stunt performer, painter, entertainer, and international icon, Evel Knievel. His career took to the skies when his famous jump across the Caesars Palace fountain in 1967 ended up in a horrific crash where Knievel suffered a crushed pelvis and femur, fractures to his hip, wrist, and both ankles, and a concussion that kept him in the hospital. After his crash and recovery, Knievel was more famous than ever.

Travis Pastrana will jump over Caeser's Palace fountain, 14 buses and 50 cars.

Now, Pastrana will try attempting the same jump at 141 feet (43 m) on a v-twin motorcycle, similar to what Evel Knievel rode. Pastrana will also attempt two other jumps the same evening that will include him jumping over 50 cars stacked, like Knievel’s jump at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 1972.

The final jump will be recreating the Kings Island jump where Knievel successfully jumped 14 Greyhound buses at Kings Island near Cincinnati, Ohio. This jump held the record for jumping the most buses on a Harley-Davidson for 24 years (until broken by Bubba Blackwell in late 1999). And now, Pastrana will attempt the same, provided he successfully finishes in the previous two stunts.

The three-hour live show will air on History channel on July 8 and will include interviews with Knievel’s family and archive footage of the daredevil in action.

The Executive Vice President of Programming, History, Eli Lehrer quoted: “Death-defying feats have fascinated audiences for centuries and Evel was one of the most iconic daredevils in history whose drive, determination and boldness inspired America. Fifty years after Evel went head-to-head with danger at Caesar’s Palace, Travis will attempt to catapult his most ambitious stunts to unthinkable heights. This extraordinary live event will certainly be history in the making.”

Ok Folks .... A little flash back to a show I remember well...
    Just as funny now as it was back when it first aired ....

Wait for it... The master of insult comedians the late "Don Rickles" turns up the heat...
    Last edited by Dragstews; 05-15-2018 at 2:37 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Warming up for the coming event.....

Get Adobe Flash player

not to take anything away from pastrami but comparing evels jumps to the ones he recreating is apples to oranges. i'm sure evel showed up walked around and said fuck it put the ramps here and here. this new stuff will be all worked out on computers with engineers. the bikes are so different. it takes BIG balls to do what travis is going to do but evel put more out there I feel.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nuklhd View Post
    not to take anything away from pastrami but comparing evels jumps to the ones he recreating is apples to oranges. i'm sure evel showed up walked around and said fuck it put the ramps here and here. this new stuff will be all worked out on computers with engineers. the bikes are so different. it takes BIG balls to do what travis is going to do but evel put more out there I feel.
    I would imagine that they used engineers for evil as well. Physics is still physics. If you are hitting ramp at x angle at y speed with z weight etc you can figure that stuff out. I mean that isnt to say maybe they didnt because he did fuck up quite a lot. Is quite different but cool that hes doinng it on a heavy bike and not a crazy light dirtbike. I cant wait personally

Get Adobe Flash player

^^ I'm with ya ^^

I saw the back-flip over the fountain when I was living in Vegas...

That Boy nailed it .... !!
    Last edited by Dragstews; 06-04-2018 at 9:03 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nuklhd View Post
    Agree except I feel Pastrana and Metzler have a lot more talent and skills than EK.
    They put the work in that Evel did not.
    Does not change the fact that (if Evel was alive) and the 3 of them were at an autograph table I would be in the long Evel line.

Big deal. His son Robbie did it YEARS ago!

Share This