X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milhouse
    • Sep 2013

Looking for shop specializing in older Honda's

Hi Chopcult!

My wife has an 81 CB650 and we are having some issues with it. We're still learning about the finder points of the bike, but don't quite know what we're doing yet. Especially with the carb setup. I'm having trouble finding someone that has the knowledge or wants to take the time to look at the bike. I live in Wilmington, DE so anyone in PA, NJ or MD would be fine. We don't mind travelling to someone who knows their stuff. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Sincerely,

Mike K.
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

This may help; maybe someone in the region can make a recommendation:

Motorcycle Repair in Wilmington
    more than 18 million people have chosen Mechanic Advisor
    The Best 10 Motorcycle Repair in Wilmington, DE
    Find Wilmington,DE Motorcycle Repair shops for your motorcycle repair needs. Review Wilmington motorcycle repair shops that specialize in Motorcycle Repair

Is the 650 chopped?
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• vonhelmet
      • May 2010

Ive never had work done by this guy but Ive always heard good things about Liberty Vintage Motorcycles in Philly. He does a lot of work on old Brit and Japanese stuff.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Check vintage Japanese motorcycle forums. Perhaps a member is near you. There are more forums. Google is your friend.

Examples:

Honda Single Overhead-Cam 4-Cylinder Motorcycle Enthusiast Club

No great need to drag it to a shop unless it kicks your ass after you've studied and applied basic troubleshooting. The FIRST thing to do is what we do to every bike that comes in the shop, a cold compression test on all cylinders. Every mechanic should have a compression tester and they aren't expensive.

Find a factory service manual if possible. Maybe a forum has links to downloads.

Comment

• CarloFreeze
          • Jun 2013

I'm over in Philly if you need a hand. Work on Hondas from that era regularly and have a little garage of my own to work on small jobs. Ride a 1978 CB750.

Can you tell me more about what's going on with the bike??

Comment

• milhouse
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
            This may help; maybe someone in the region can make a recommendation:

Motorcycle Repair in Wilmington
            more than 18 million people have chosen Mechanic Advisor
            The Best 10 Motorcycle Repair in Wilmington, DE
            Find Wilmington,DE Motorcycle Repair shops for your motorcycle repair needs. Review Wilmington motorcycle repair shops that specialize in Motorcycle Repair

Is the 650 chopped?
            Thanks for the help. No it's not chopped

Comment

• milhouse
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by farmall
              Check vintage Japanese motorcycle forums. Perhaps a member is near you. There are more forums. Google is your friend.

Examples:

Honda Single Overhead-Cam 4-Cylinder Motorcycle Enthusiast Club

No great need to drag it to a shop unless it kicks your ass after you've studied and applied basic troubleshooting. The FIRST thing to do is what we do to every bike that comes in the shop, a cold compression test on all cylinders. Every mechanic should have a compression tester and they aren't expensive.

Find a factory service manual if possible. Maybe a forum has links to downloads.
              Appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

• milhouse
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by vonhelmet
                Ive never had work done by this guy but Ive always heard good things about Liberty Vintage Motorcycles in Philly. He does a lot of work on old Brit and Japanese stuff.
                Yeah, I've see that shop. I thought about going and checking them out. Thanks

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;