Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james69
    • Feb 2018

I really appreciate the posts guys. I never touched forks before so i'm glad there is a solid community behind cc to help me learn something new. I must have of been just too zapped (or a few too many beers down) to realize I needed to extend the fork to make it easier to screw the nut on. I should be able to get it back on tonight after work.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by james69
      I really appreciate the posts guys. I never touched forks before so i'm glad there is a solid community behind cc to help me learn something new. I must have of been just too zapped (or a few too many beers down) to realize I needed to extend the fork to make it easier to screw the nut on. I should be able to get it back on tonight after work.
      LOL Damn it boy.... Put down the beers when your working on the bike from now on... LOL

Comment

• brooklynbomber
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tattooo
        LOL Damn it boy.... Put down the beers when your working on the bike from now on... LOL
        Don’t invite this guy.. fun police over here.

Also in my experience, they include the spacer a tad long. You can trim it ever so slightly to make it easier to start the threads. Fully extend your forks, drop the springs in, washer, then pvc. Trim a tad as required.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
          Also in my experience, they include the spacer a tad long. You can trim it ever so slightly to make it easier to start the threads. Fully extend your forks, drop the springs in, washer, then pvc. Trim a tad as required.

I guess you missed his post.... What you said is what he just said he didn't do... He's learning and that's a good thing...

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
            Don’t invite this guy.. fun police over here.

Yes sir we have fun that's why I included LOL in my post not once but twice....

Comment

• Dragstews
              • Sep 2010

Mike
              Burg's Tools
              847-772-2283
              [email protected]
              Last edited by Dragstews; 04-23-2018, 4:58 PM.
              Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• BubbaRobert90
                • Jan 2018

I feel your pain. I liked to have pulled my hair out last year when I replaced my leaky fork seals. I should have gone ahead and installed extended tubes to save myself from the head ache.

Comment

• james69
                  • Feb 2018

Damn dragstews that looks handy! Fortunately I was able to get them all buttoned back up.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Damn dragstews that looks handy! Fortunately I was able to get them all buttoned back up.
                    Glad you figured it out... If you had had that tool it would have pulled the tube up for you... But your good to go now...

Comment

• nickey
                      • Feb 2013

Awesome man! Glad you got it buttoned up. Definitely a good community here. And if it makes you feel better. One(I’ve gone back and forth a few times haha) of the times I put my forks back together I forgot to put one of the bushings back on. Road it that day wondering why fork oil was spraying up the fork and back on me haha.

Comment

• james69
                        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by nickey
                        Awesome man! Glad you got it buttoned up. Definitely a good community here. And if it makes you feel better. One(I’ve gone back and forth a few times haha) of the times I put my forks back together I forgot to put one of the bushings back on. Road it that day wondering why fork oil was spraying up the fork and back on me haha.
                        Yeah thanks homie! I'll get some pics of it on the norcal thread this weekend when I weld a longer kickstand the hugger kickstand is way too short. Haha yeah man shit happens. It's always good to have someone else take a second look for ya, appreciated!

Comment

• hurricanebrax
                          • Oct 2017

would you mind letting me know how your kickstand works out I'm throwing some TC bros 8+ on this summer and would love to hear how someone else made a kickstand work before I go in all half cocked and end up having to set my bike on its side like a bmx everywhere i go

Comment

• james69
                            • Feb 2018

Originally posted by hurricanebrax
                            would you mind letting me know how your kickstand works out I'm throwing some TC bros 8+ on this summer and would love to hear how someone else made a kickstand work before I go in all half cocked and end up having to set my bike on its side like a bmx everywhere i go
                            Kickstand works great. I have a hugger so I think the kickstand was shorter than stock? I cut it in half and added 3 inches to it. fucked up the chrome but who cares.. it's just a kickstand!

and the stance

Comment

• nickey
                              • Feb 2013

Kickstand works great. I have a hugger so I think the kickstand was shorter than stock? I cut it in half and added 3 inches to it. fucked up the chrome but who cares.. it's just a kickstand!

and the stance

Nice! I was gonna go this route, but ended up buying an extended one off eBay. Only 1” over stock tho. So 12” total length. Still had quite a lean so I did the skateboard wheel bolted to the bottom trick. Still has more of a lean than I’d like, but a lot better. I might have someone cut and weld in a piece on my stock one someday if it gets to bugging me too much haha.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;