• Show
Clear All
  • FrontStCycle
    • Aug 2009

love the bars!

Comment

• smokey469
      • Aug 2009

Great improvements already, this looks likes it's gonna come together real nice!

Comment

• ashy
        • Aug 2009

that bike looks awesome already, great job. totally inspiring build

Comment

• deadbeat89
          • Jul 2010

lookin good man

Comment

• Boylecomm
            • Jun 2009

Ok a quick update.
            With all the events lately, Bench*Mark duties & I got sick as hell, I really haven't had much time to get any real work done on this thing but I did get the wheels squared away with powder coated rims, stainless spokes & nipples and some new skins. The fender is cut somewhat close to what it will be. I did some horse trading with 70Moto Chris and came out of it with the SlimFab modded sporty tank I'll be using. Hide moto Japan got me set up with some nice hand controls (the clutchy is magura & the front master cyclinder is grimeca, both milled out for 1"bars)
            Next we'll get the rear wheel spaced, tank & fender mounted, then the seat pan cut, shaped & mounted.
            I'm not at all sold on that headlight but it's been kicking around the shop and may get used just to get out of here.

Comment

• Doc14
              • Aug 2009

I have been wanting to build a swingarm sporty that looks like this forever, man I wish I had your skills, determination, eye for detail, oh and wallet, to make something like this! HA nice job bro.

Comment

• eliwolf6
                • Aug 2009

lookin good bud, what sprocket did you use on the rear there? thats what i was lookin for when i did mine, and never found

Comment

• Knucklebuster
                  • Jul 2009

Pretty stoked on this build, digging it a lot. Question on the magura clutch lever - does it work with the stock cable or does the cable end need to be modified to make everything go smoothly?

Comment

• NHMike
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Boylecomm
                    Ok a quick update.
                    With all the events lately, Bench*Mark duties & I got sick as hell, I really haven't had much time to get any real work done on this thing but I did get the wheels squared away with powder coated rims, stainless spokes & nipples and some new skins. The fender is cut somewhat close to what it will be. I did some horse trading with 70Moto Chris and came out of it with the SlimFab modded sporty tank I'll be using. Hide moto Japan got me set up with some nice hand controls (the clutchy is magura & the front master cyclinder is grimeca, both milled out for 1"bars)
                    Next we'll get the rear wheel spaced, tank & fender mounted, then the seat pan cut, shaped & mounted.
                    I'm not at all sold on that headlight but it's been kicking around the shop and may get used just to get out of here.

Looking great man!! I'm not nuts about that style of headlight but I think it looks right at home on your bike. I'd leave it.

I'm hoping to pick up an Evo Sporty this winter and do a Bratstyle/Swingarm thing-a-ma-bob.

Comment

• Boylecomm
                      • Jun 2009

Thanks Guys

Hey Eli here's the info via Rouser.

1) rear sprocket flat(no offset) drag specialties or custom chrome etc
                      2) front sprocet .5" offset pbi or baker only fits 530 chain
                      3) chain ek 530 gold 120 links off ebay motohaven is the seller
                      4) nut jims mega nut to replace the nut/retainer set up

Grail: the end need modified or there is a Magura cable. we have a guy near us who mods all of our cables .

Comment

• themaninblack
                        • Nov 2009

This thread should be required reading for everyone cutting the back off there modern sporty frames.

Sick bike, a lot of similar things i would like to do to my twin cam.

Comment

• Boylecomm
                          • Jun 2009

Did a little work today, not much I know but I did get a good start on the front tank mounts.

More importantly I did get hooked up on a pair of prototype Biltwell grips, they're soft , delicious & I've been told won't be available for quite a while. However since I'm completely bummed on any other 1" grips out there and these are destined to be the ODI long necks of choppers I can't really see using anything else.

Comment

• billdozer
                            • Apr 2024

Any chance of sectioning that headlight bucket Kim? Or maybe making one from scratch to fit the bezel and bulb? I realize the idea is to NOT remake every part by hand on this bike, but I have a hard time with how thick that thing is compared to everything else. I *heart* those hand controls. (And of course love to see the proto grips on there.)

Comment

• KIRKtheJERK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Boylecomm
                              Grail: the end need modified or there is a Magura cable. we have a guy near us who mods all of our cables .
                              There's a Magura/Harley clutch cable? As in, standard lever side and Harley clutch side? Do tell...

Comment

• Boylecomm
                                • Jun 2009

Well I was thinking the only saving grace to the thick ass headlight could be to powder coat the bucket black? It's most likely going back on the shelf.
                                I've seen that light half as thick elsewhere but I'm not that sold on the triangle to buy another one.

My source for the hand controls cable and all. The stuff is spendy but I took one for the team on kind of a recon mission.

Bon Jovi!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;