Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beat
    • Apr 2016

motorsickle firsts

this is the junkpile, so any fun story or memory can be fun.
    i do remember riding my first bike about 40 years ago and that was great. it was an indian dirt bike. i was a kid and loved it.
    of course we all had our first bike riding, but what other firsts do y'all remember?

i remember them all.
    first time i rode at night.
    first time i rode in the rain.
    first time a chunk of shit kicked up from the road and killed my leg.
    first time i went over 100mph.
    first time i went down..on the street..dirt dont count.

there are a hundred other firsts...

anyone else remember these milestones?
  • laeljon
    • Dec 2016

I got my first bike 52yrs ago. I remember the first time got hit and ran over. First time I got hit in the head by a flying object. First time I got road rash at over 70mph. The first and only time I ran into a steel cable stretched across and entrance to a parking lot. Riding my first hail storm, with a tractor trailer rig riding my ass. My first trip over 500 miles.

Comment

• DustyDave
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

I remember the first and hopefully only time I left tire tracks on the ceiling of a 7-11. I may never hear the end of that!
      Dusty
      Driving that train, high on cocaine
      Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
      Trouble ahead, trouble behind
      And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• WillSCB
        • Dec 2014

My folks were both dead set on me being on anything that didn't have at least 3 wheels, so the first time I was allowed on a running motorcycle was when my grandfather finished restoring the first mail vehicle in their area: a 1916 Indian Power Plus. It had a sidecar, so it was "safe." I have my grandfather to thank for explaining to my parents that a bike with a sidecar is actually NOT safer than one with two wheels, thus paving the way for me to get my first bike (a 1974 CL125S when I turned 18.) If I ever hit the lottery or make it big in some way, I AM going to find this fucker and own it. Here's a photo of my grandfather with a neighbor with the Indian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1916 Indian (2013_06_10 04_34_00 UTC).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	1301845

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DustyDave
          I remember the first and hopefully only time I left tire tracks on the ceiling of a 7-11.
          Dusty
          Now this sounds like a very intriguing story, please indulge us with more ...
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• SamHain
            • Apr 2024

Nope.

Comment

• DustyDave
              Super Moderator
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dragstews
              Now this sounds like a very intriguing story, please indulge us with more ...
              in 69 or 70 the Sporty was waiting on parts so I made a tiny mistake and decided that it would be ok to ride the Scout chopper without rear brakes ( the linkage and pedal was at the plating shop) since it wouldn't be good for my image to show up at a party in a cage. After two days of partying I headed home when I got a block or so from the turn to my house I saw a cop in the middle of the street directing traffic. Since I didn't think i could pass a fifty foot sobriety test much less ride a few feet from him on a bike that might be a tiny bit less than legal with the tag off the Sportster. So I hung a quick left into a 7-11 when I grabbed a big hand full of front brake the brake stop broke off and wrapped the cable around the axle a few times before it broke. Which threw my hand off the bar. By the time I got a hold of the bar and drug it in to First gear I was maybe a car length from the curb going way too fast from the huge eyes of girl behind the counter. I ran out of room before I could lay it down so I lined up on a Wrought iron porch post. When the front wheel jumped the curb it hit the post about knee high and the whole bike climbed the post hitting the ceiling hard enough to leave a perfect tire track and a gentile dent in the ceiling. The scout ended up about a foot shorter the post had a six inch bend and the girl behind the counter was so happy I didn't ride in, that she gathered up some help to drag the bike out back behind a dumpster. I ended up with a cut across three fingers from the brake lever, an incredible hangover and felt like I was in a bar fight and the whole bar turned on me for a few days. Dam cop never noticed anything. Needless to say I herd bout that for a few years. I'm not so embarrassed any more and tell it ever now and then.
              Dusty

Comment

• Dragstews
                • Sep 2010

Sure sounds like a "Oh Shit" moment ...

Last edited by Dragstews; 04-15-2018, 11:05 PM.
                Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• DustyDave
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dragstews
                  Sure sounds like a "Oh Shit" moment ...

Trust me there wasn't time for an AW Shit!

Comment

• hillcat
                    • Mar 2015

Did ya have time to yell "Comin' in Hot!"
                    HaHa!
                    These days there would be cell phone footage of it.

Comment

• thecarfarmer
                      • Dec 2016

First (and hopefully only) time in the freeway, in heavy traffic, finding a weather cell dropping sleet/frozen rain...

... wearing an open face helmet, w/o a motorcycle endorsement.

Ran into that shit, and there was instantly so much snot, spit, and tears coming outa' my face that there was NO way I could see ANYTHING.

Went across a few lanes for the shoulder and prayed to the Angry Skyman What Occasionally Takes Pity On A Stupid Fucker that no cops would see that shit.

Not quite as zesty a tail as tire tracks on the ceiling, but this thread is too good to let die

Comment

• thecarfarmer
                        • Dec 2016

Later that day, first time riding a Sportster home in the snow.

Comment

• Hoghead
                          • Jun 2015

Top story! Ha -the good old days! I fell off my trumpet in my parent's drive MANY years ago. Me dad opened the door and yelled 'are you drunk?'. I replied (still pinned under the bike) 'of course i'm drunk, what do think I am, a bloody stuntman?'

Comment

• BubbaRobert90
                            • Jan 2018

My first real ride on my bike. I took it over to a friends house to show off. A few minutes later we were headed back to my place and I fired her up, and took off down the road, only to start sputtering a mile or two down the road ending with the bike shutting off while riding. Terrified something may be wrong with my newly purchased baby, I calmly try and crank it back up a few times. It was then that I discovered, I had apparently turned the petcock to off while parked in my friend's driveway and forgot to turn it back on.

Comment

• pirate2876
                              • Sep 2011

1st time building to high an inclined ramp. Not me.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;