Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • humancertainty
    • Mar 2014

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?

Comment

• Joel845
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by humancertainty
      Did you bench bleed the master cylinder?
      No I have only bleed it in place on the bike.

Tomorrow I'll have the gsxr master so I'll figure out a way to make that work with the stock sportster pedal and mounting and hopefully I'll be able to stop my bike.

Comment

• ChopperDani
        • Apr 2016

3 weeks and no answer.

well i came here searching for help, i just recently hardtailed my sporty and the brake mount is now pointed at the bottom, also had to run a new brake line. after no luck getting any pressure, i came looking for help.

what i ended up doing and got it to work finally, after 2 1/2 bottles of fluid lol

so i used a plastic injector- like for a turkey or some shit......filled it with fluid and pushed it through the caliper......this did not work after a few tries, i believe there is a check valve, wouldnt take any fluid.

then i ran a hose from the bleeder into a cup on the floor filled with fluid, and sat there pumping and pumping...........
        still no luck.

so, i was able to unmount the caliper and set it high, above the master cylinder and the bleeder now at the top. i let it sit for a day, hoping the air would make its way to the top.

ran a hose to a bottle, and pumped the brake and held it, open the bleeder and closed it. repeated this about 50 times. and all that was really coming out was very tiny champainge bubbles. but it finally built up pressure and my pads moved, nice. so reinstalled, and i have brakes!

Comment

• Bobbuilds
          • Apr 2018

Nice job.

I rebuilt the rear master cylinder this weekend and finally got some stopping power myself. An awesome story I’d like to add to this is about pressure switch.

I’d lost faith in my simple ability to bleed a brake last weekend. I knew my rear master was leaking. Tore it down and rebuilt it. Reverse bleed the system and everything felt strong. Bolted the caliper back up, brought the brake pads in. Good pressure.

No brake light? Aarrgghh! No way, how did I fuck this up? Re bleed just to be sure. Ready to pull my hair out. Jump the connections at the pressure switch. No light!

Pop the lense cover to check the wiring at the tail light. Solder connections broken. What are the odds?

Brakes eh?

Comment

• ChopperDani
            • Apr 2016

lol

im having issues with my brake light now, everything is wired up, but when i hit the brake pedal, the lights get dim(headlight and tailight) - they get dim and then the circuit breaker pops. no lights. let off the pedal for couple seconds and breaker resets, and my lights are back. its at the brake light switch, i undo the wires- Red with yellow strip and it doesnt popped the circuit breaker- but i dont have a BRAKE light now- just a running light. im thinking theres a short on the other wire coming off the switch- orange with white strip.

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ChopperDani
              lol

im having issues with my brake light now, everything is wired up, but when i hit the brake pedal, the lights get dim(headlight and tailight) - they get dim and then the circuit breaker pops. no lights. let off the pedal for couple seconds and breaker resets, and my lights are back. its at the brake light switch, i undo the wires- Red with yellow strip and it doesnt popped the circuit breaker- but i dont have a BRAKE light now- just a running light. im thinking theres a short on the other wire coming off the switch- orange with white strip.
              Yep you have a short all right..... It won't be hard to find get a test light....

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

Remove the light bulb and disconnect at switch then ohm check that wire to ground. (Battery negative cable should be disconnected for ohms checks so no smokee da meter fuse while fiddling).

Inspect bulb and socket because vibration ain't kind to either.

Ohm brake light switch contacts to the grounded shell with wires disconnected and brake applied to ensure switch doesn't internally short to ground.

Comment

• ChopperDani
                  • Apr 2016

yulp.

easiest thing i was gonna do was jump the switch, just to rule it out. but im pretty positive the orange with white line wire is shorted out somewhere. i have a running light as of now, ill find time this weekend to trace down the wire. its all tucked in the oil tank under the seat.

no brake light wont stop me from scootin around

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ChopperDani
                    i have a running light as of now, ill find time this weekend to trace down the wire. its all tucked in the oil tank under the seat.

no brake light wont stop me from scootin around
                    No sir a light won't stop you but a dead battery or a fire sure will...... Good luck...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;