CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperDani View Post
    lol

im having issues with my brake light now, everything is wired up, but when i hit the brake pedal, the lights get dim(headlight and tailight) - they get dim and then the circuit breaker pops. no lights. let off the pedal for couple seconds and breaker resets, and my lights are back. its at the brake light switch, i undo the wires- Red with yellow strip and it doesnt popped the circuit breaker- but i dont have a BRAKE light now- just a running light. im thinking theres a short on the other wire coming off the switch- orange with white strip.
    Yep you have a short all right..... It won't be hard to find get a test light....

Get Adobe Flash player

Remove the light bulb and disconnect at switch then ohm check that wire to ground. (Battery negative cable should be disconnected for ohms checks so no smokee da meter fuse while fiddling).

Inspect bulb and socket because vibration ain't kind to either.

Ohm brake light switch contacts to the grounded shell with wires disconnected and brake applied to ensure switch doesn't internally short to ground.

Get Adobe Flash player

yulp.

easiest thing i was gonna do was jump the switch, just to rule it out. but im pretty positive the orange with white line wire is shorted out somewhere. i have a running light as of now, ill find time this weekend to trace down the wire. its all tucked in the oil tank under the seat.

no brake light wont stop me from scootin around

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ChopperDani View Post
    i have a running light as of now, ill find time this weekend to trace down the wire. its all tucked in the oil tank under the seat.

no brake light wont stop me from scootin around
    No sir a light won't stop you but a dead battery or a fire sure will...... Good luck...

Share This