X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattysuehurricne
    • May 2017

How to tell what transmission is in my 1989 FXR

Hello,

So I have an 89 fxr super glide evo motor 5 speed. I pulled the trans out to fix some oil leaks I was having and I'm not sure its the stock 89 trans. The bike did have a harley crate motor put in it about 20k ago by the previous owner. When I took the primary cover off I found a 1990 and newer style clutch spring on my clutch assembly. when I pulled the inner primary off I found an Andrews 34t pulley with what looks to be the '93-'94 FXR trans nut, (looks like this http://www.dragspecialties.com/produ...umber=12030009 ). I want to replace the shift shaft seal, main drive seal and install a chain drive conversion while its apart. I was going to replace the nut because it's a little worn and the kit doesn't include one. Is there any way to tell what transmission I have based off of stampings or part numbers? It's an 1-7/8" nut if that helps. Thank you.
  • Mattysuehurricne
    • May 2017

These are the only pics of it I have on my phone if they help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0322181340a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	1301421

Name:	0322181340b.jpg
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	1301422

Name:	0322181547.jpg
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	1301423

Comment

• Dragstews
      • Sep 2010

Been up-dated to the spline mainshaft .... That's why your seeing the later clutch ..
      Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

That's good news. The taper shaft design was forged in the anus of Satan.

Comment

• Mattysuehurricne
          • May 2017

Haha, yea the videos I was watching for removal had me worried about pullers and special tools, then my shit basically fell off. Ok, so it's the same trans just updated main shaft to accept the new style clutch? So I would order that newer style nut? Thanks.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;