Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cjanick
    • Jan 2018

Need help with chopper tire

Hey guys does anyone have a line on a 2.50X17 inch ribbed tire for an old chopper? It is for the front and is going on a 17 inch invader rim with mini hub brake. I have googled it to no end! Man I can't find one, any help would be greatly appreciated
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Cjanick
    Hey guys does anyone have a line on a 2.50X17 inch ribbed tire for an old chopper? It is for the front and is going on a 17 inch invader rim with mini hub brake. I have googled it to no end! Man I can't find one, any help would be greatly appreciated

It looks like they do make them.... Several of them... You must have not looked very hard...
    Last edited by Tattooo; 03-23-2018, 6:07 AM.

Comment

• Cjanick
      • Jan 2018

Yes I just restored a 1974 iron head chopper with a GME soft tail and GME girder front end running a 17 inch invader. I want it to look original. It has a ribbed 2.50x17 on it but it's 46 years old.

Comment

• laeljon
        • Dec 2016

Coker has a Firestone 2.50 X 17"

Comment

• TriNortchopz
          • Dec 2017

My buddy has a 17" spool on his 750 Santee swingarm frame with a +20" springer, so I've looked before; Here are a few options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hf301-front-tire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1301356
          Duro HF301 Front Tire
          Item # : 541920
          2.50x17, $32.99 (Can)
          Simple tread pattern matching to Chopper style Tube Type

Maxxis 2.50x17 (38L) C-RIB Front Tyre
          Product Code: 609405

Name:	c-rib_1.jpg
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1301357

Name:	s-l300.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1301358
          DEMAK SMART MTX110 MTX 110 FRONT TYRE & TUBE 2.50x17 38L 2.50-17 250-17 CST
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for C108 C-rib 2.50x17 38l CST Classic Vintage Motorcycle Road Tyre From Maxxis at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Avon Speedmaster MkII, Classic ribbed front tyre
          Speed rated to 112 mph/180kmh

Speedmaster MkII (front) 3.25-17 TT 50S
          from: http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/...p?topic=1126.0
          If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Cjanick
            • Jan 2018

That is exactly what I need! I saw them on eBay before but for some reason there all in the UK? Oh well I'm gonna order one and have it
            Thanks a Lot
            I appreciate your help

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

That is exactly what I need! I saw them on eBay before but for some reason there all in the UK? Oh well I'm gonna order one and have it
              Thanks a Lot
              I appreciate your help
              I thought you said they didn't make them...

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                • Dec 2017

Thanks a Lot
                I appreciate your help
                No, the first one is from Canada...

Duro HF301 Front Tire
                Item # : 541920
                2.50x17, $32.99 (Can)
                Simple tread pattern matching to Chopper style Tube Type
                If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Cjanick
                  • Jan 2018

Well it turns out Duro will not sell that tire in the USA. I talked to rep from Duro. But I found a guy in Cedar rapids who had some old Shinko SR601 tires. They don't make em anymore
                  The Canada guys wouldn't mail to USA.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Well it turns out Duro will not sell that tire in the USA. I talked to rep from Duro. But I found a guy in Cedar rapids who had some old Shinko SR601 tires. They don't make em anymore
                    Hell it took 10 seconds there are two on ebay right now in America.... For less than $50.00 ea shipped.... You need to expand your search....

Comment

• Cjanick
                      • Jan 2018

Made in 2002. Check the number after the DOT. I bought one from Cedar Rapids tire for 35. But thanks for your help

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Made in 2002. Check the number after the DOT. I bought one from Cedar Rapids tire for 35. But thanks for your help
                        What does made in 2002 matter?? I thought you were looking for a tire for your bike... WTF

Comment

• Cjanick
                          • Jan 2018

Well at least your not a dick. And your knowledge of old rubber and the aging process is astonishing. Hey maybe you should buy the 46 year old tires on my scoot after I replace them and you can fuck your self with them. Like the sticker says "Don't be a dick" DICK..

Comment

• TriNortchopz
                            • Dec 2017

Amazing, a Canadian company that just ships in Canada...Just be aware that the Shinko SR601 is L-rated to a maximum speed of 75 MPH...along with most other tires of that size...which is why I included the Avon Speedmaster MKII, 3.25x17, as it is S rated for 112MPH, and it is available at British Cycle Supply (shops in NS, Canada and US in Limestone,ME): http://www.britcycle.com/Products/555/555_series.htm

Comment

• Cjanick
                              • Jan 2018

Dude can you type with out being a dick? Is it that hard for you? And I get mail order parts from All over the world so yes I do think it's a bit odd that a Canadian company won't ship to USA. I did see the Avon but it was a 3.25 so I was a bit hesitant. I am familiar with British Cycle Supply use them for my Commando. So it's done I ordered it and it is what it is. But I went back and reread all theses post and others you write, you have got to RELAX, chill out, take easy and lighten up. My god man it's a fucking internet chat board enough with the attitude.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;