Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corrosiontrav13
    • Feb 2012

Planning my build (82 FXWG)

Uncle Sam gave me a suprise and I have been saving my nickels so I got this bike and am planning my build and hoping to knock it out before summer. My plan is to order a B&C cycles kit that has the fender and king and queen seat with sissy bar so I can keep my swingarm (the roads in rural wisco suck balls). There is no kicker on this model which is baffling to me, so my plan is get that remedied with Baker kicker gears, can I use the J&P kicker cover and kicker arm then? I was thinking of putting on 11" progressive covered struts on the back. Which brings me to the front end, this one currenty has some sort of dual disc wide glide, which I wouldn't rather ditch. I was thinking narrow or mid glide +6 over with single disc up front. I plan on selling the fenders and the tank, just not my thing. The clutch is smoked so my plan is change it over to a BDL primary drive setup. I don't know a ton about this bike, so I ordered a clymer's manual and plan to do all the work myself. Any advice on what I have or my plans would be greatly appreciated. Main reason I bought this bike other than the price being right was the invader rims, which I love.Click image for larger version

Name:	bike.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	1342653Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	1342654Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	1342655Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	1342656Click image for larger version

Name:	right side.jpg
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	1342657
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Very nice looking bike to start with... Clymer manuals suck and leave a lot of stuff out that you need to know... Buy a Harley manual and save yourself a lot of grief...

Comment

• corrosiontrav13
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tattooo
      Very nice looking bike to start with... Clymer manuals suck and leave a lot of stuff out that you need to know... Buy a Harley manual and save yourself a lot of grief...
      Thanks man, yeah the bike is pretty solid from what I can tell. I don't want to get too over my head and plus I want it to be reliable. I will pick up the Harley manual.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

Good luck with your build - I like those Invaders.
        Also, look here for a pdf manual:
        Thread: HD Manuals .pdf
        I posted three of these links on the main forum the other day and saw some interest. So why not just share the whole lot. To make it clear I did get these links from another forum, so I have no control over any of them if thay fail or whatever. Enjoy! HARLEY DAVIDSON SERVICE and PARTS MANUALS H-D Manuals OEM Numbers.pdf
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Dragstews
          • Sep 2010

I wouldn't get too nuts chopping that up...

FXWG's are getting to be rare birds these days...

But what the hay .... It's yours to do what with ...
          Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;