CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markwade74 View Post
    Ive been lusting after one of those fenders for awhile now. B and c cycles has a cool setup too. Just having a hard time paying a grand for a fender

    Looks bad ass though
    yeah I hear you. I really wanted a crazy frank and the originals that I was finding were on average 1000-1200 for even just the fender and no seat or tail light or anything so this made a bit of sense

  2. #42
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Just having a hard time paying a grand for a fender
    Spend the money on tools and welding equipment instead while studying pics and cutting out posterboard templates. What one person can do, another can do and sheet steel is cheap enough to make mistakes while you learn. Your supplier can shear a sheet into manageable sizes for you to cut further. Tools build toys but toys don't build tools. If you're not a great welder you can still cut out the parts then take them to one, and a jig saw with a box of metal cutting blades is cheap.

    If you break down the design into its simple parts it shows how smart Frank was when he designed it. They were produced for profit after all.

    Lots of useful photos in this thread:
    https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...9038&showall=1

    Link from above thread. These folks should be able to fab one for you:
    https://www.hellraisersfabrication.c...=article&id=82

    Good pics of a bare original:
    https://www.throttlefmc.com/blogs/th...ooze-you-loose
    Last edited by farmall; 10-31-2019 at 7:37 AM.

  3. #43
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Spend the money on tools and welding equipment instead while studying pics and cutting out posterboard templates. What one person can do, another can do and sheet steel is cheap enough to make mistakes while you learn. Your supplier can shear a sheet into manageable sizes for you to cut further. Tools build toys but toys don't build tools. If you're not a great welder you can still cut out the parts then take them to one, and a jig saw with a box of metal cutting blades is cheap.

    If you break down the design into its simple parts it shows how smart Frank was when he designed it. They were produced for profit after all.

    Lots of useful photos in this thread:
    https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...9038&showall=1

    Link from above thread. These folks should be able to fab one for you:
    https://www.hellraisersfabrication.c...=article&id=82

    Good pics of a bare original:
    https://www.throttlefmc.com/blogs/th...ooze-you-loose
    Thats where I sat, couldnt stomach the dough so I started working on the design of one. Sadly I never built it or had it build. I do have a buddy with an 85 FXSB that I think we are going to try this out on.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	98038

    Very rough cardboard cuts on my old shovel to see what needed to change

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	98039

    Here is how I got it sitting and stress tested....Need to build one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	98040

    By the way Capomorra, bike is looking good!

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bringtheruckus View Post
    Thats where I sat, couldnt stomach the dough so I started working on the design of one. Sadly I never built it or had it build. I do have a buddy with an 85 FXSB that I think we are going to try this out on.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	98038

    Very rough cardboard cuts on my old shovel to see what needed to change

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	98039

    Here is how I got it sitting and stress tested....Need to build one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	98040

    By the way Capomorra, bike is looking good!
    thanks man. also check this out, the dude is on the net

    https://www.crazyfrankenterprises.com/

  5. #45
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Here is how I got it sitting and stress tested....Need to build one.
    Looks good. BTW one way to get a nice rounded edge on a panel or fender is tacking some filler rod along the edge.

    If you lke the result and want more, you already have it in CAD and can send the files to a laser cutter. They'll use nesting software to get the most parts out of a sheet. Machine shops outsource laser cutting all the time because since owning a laser cutter is expensive and they take up floor space.

  6. #46
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    485

    Default

    BnC is $1050 but that includes a top notch seat. I've seen their work and it is really something. Also, that is $1050 Canadian so like $800 Yankee dollars. I've never met him, but he's a friend of friends and sounds like a good guy.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer View Post
    BnC is $1050 but that includes a top notch seat. I've seen their work and it is really something. Also, that is $1050 Canadian so like $800 Yankee dollars. I've never met him, but he's a friend of friends and sounds like a good guy.
    he did the seat on the flamed shovelhead. good dude

  8. #48

    Default

    exhaust change Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6089F8B3-478A-496B-9DEF-28D8A531021A.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	98446

Share This



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in