Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littledill
    • Apr 2024

Sissy Bar Bag for Camping. Options?

What bags do you guys use for a two day and more camping runs?
    I am heading out on a three-day camping trip, I currently have an old REI backpack I was thinking of strapping on.
    It can hold my sleeping bag and bedroll, with plenty of room for clothes. But, its a little tall and has a bunch of extra straps.
    If there are better options let me know.
  • kendall666
    • Oct 2011

The USA used duffle bags are used all over the world by our troops. The adjustable straps of this duffle bag allows you to carry it on your back and keep your hands free. It is the easiest duffel to carry. These army surplus duffle bags are in good condition. Some of them only have a name on the bottom. They are made of army green Cordura. A perfect bag for camping, summer camp, traveling, and gear.

Cheap, easy and fits a bunch of shit.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by kendall666
      https://www.armysurplusworld.com/use...SABEgLYIfD_BwE

Cheap, easy and fits a bunch of shit.
      ^^^^^^This ^^^^^^

After I got out of the Army I traveled coast to coast with mine. Best damn travel bag I have had. What makes it perfect is that if you pack it right it makes a really comfortable back rest to just lean against. Then the only issue is making sure you don't dose off at 55 mph.

Comment

• james69
        • Feb 2018

I use my old seabag, seriously save yourself some cash and just buy from the surplus.

Comment

• SamHain
          • Apr 2024

I run a sweatshop bag mostly. It’s pricey and a little small, but I like the tie downs system/straps(too bad I lost one, wish I could find the clasps and make my own).

Also have a big square kuarakyn tour bag, looks promising haven’t used it yet, and no clue what they cost.

Comment

• humancertainty
            • Mar 2014

You already have a bag that’ll fit everything you need. Just run with that. Make sure to tuck your loose straps and such so they won’t get tangled in moving parts and go for it.

Comment

• Yodhan
              • Jun 2015

I have both a big green army bag and an EXFIL-80 from Biltwell. I prefer the EXFIL because of the strap options and compartments, but really either will work fine. I don't know if I would have gotten the EXFIL if I had to pay full price for it though....got it slightly used from a product rep.

Comment

• farmall
                • Apr 2013

I use my duffel bag and/or "Kit Bag, Flyers A-3" AKA mobility bag.

For straps I use common camlock motorcycle tiedowns which also make great hammock tree straps. I fucking love hammocks since my back is destroyed and my neck is worse. They are perfect when it rains because you are off the ground as far as you wish and the rain fly can cover your motorcycle if necessary for maintenance. Underquilts are a wonderful thing for cool weather.

Your sack choice is less important than having plenty of room and ample tiedowns because fuck having anything get loose. Small military canvas tool bags keep my toolkit together

Remember to pack so your soft shit is next to your back and your collection of rusty throwing stars is away from you. I pack what's next to me as solid as I can get it. Instant road couch.

Comment

• Cory
                  • Oct 2010

I have a pretty tall sissybar so I took a backpack I bought at a garage sale and cut a slit in the backing at the top and cut an aluminum street sign down to make a rigid back for the backpack. Then I got a local shoe maker to sew a leather sleeve on the back so it can be slid on and off the sissy. it has a buckle to lock it down. Works great and is nice to lean against.

Comment

• DirtySouth
                    • Nov 2014

Canvas duffle bag is the way to go. I packed a tent, folding chair, sleeping bag, clothes and some other smaller items/

Click image for larger version

Name:	17951562_227084751105577_1467425041149785958_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1301355

Comment

• leslimed
                      • Jul 2021

What do you think about The North Face Terra 65 Pack? My brother has been using it for almost 3 years, and he's very pleased with it. Still, I find it too expensive for me. I've been looking for cheaper alternatives to it, but it's so hard to make a choice. Also, the internet is full of brands that claim that they make the best hiking backpacks, but how do we know that they're really good? I know that quality backpacks are not cheap, but 200$ is way too much. Anyway, please let me know if you have any suggestions. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
                      Last edited by leslimed; 07-22-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Revelator
                        • Aug 2009

[QUOTE=farmall;784031]I use my duffel bag and/or "Kit Bag, Flyers A-3" AKA mobility bag.

For straps I use common camlock motorcycle tiedowns which also make great hammock tree straps. I fucking love hammocks since my back is destroyed and my neck is worse. They are perfect when it rains because you are off the ground as far as you wish and the rain fly can cover your motorcycle if necessary for maintenance. Underquilts are a wonderful thing for cool weather.

Your sack choice is less important than having plenty of room and ample tiedowns because fuck having anything get loose. Small military canvas tool bags keep my toolkit together

Remember to pack so your soft shit is next to your back and your collection of rusty throwing stars is away from you. I pack what's next to me as solid as I can get it. Instant road couch.[/QUOTE

I was on bike trip a few weeks ago, camping, & was thinking to myself....... dude.... You have to
                        get a hammock. I'm tired of the ants biting me, & sooner or later something nasty is going
                        to crawl inside my bag, like a scorpion, or maybe a rattler. f**k that.
                        I need to get up in the air.
                        So farmall, can you recommend a descent hammock that is sized right (not to large & not to small),
                        and isnt overly bulky or heavy?

Comment

• violar
                          • Jul 2021

Check out the Ortlieb Atrack, it’s waterproof duffel bag attached to a comfortable & adjustable length backpacking frame. I think they have a pared down version specifically for bikepacking.

It’s BIFL quality, nicely designed, good for city commuting or for camping and budget. I’ve never bike packed with it, however, I have swam a river with it, and it’s pretty comfy to hike in.
                          Last edited by violar; 08-17-2021, 6:20 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;