Any idea if this is an actual Amen Savior?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriNortchopz
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by aactionjim
    Hello Guy's
    I bought the bike back in early 2000's from a guy that lived in Nevada. Real biker skinny and crazy as hell... Said the frame was just as it was never did anything to it. Was built for the triumph and never did any welding or modifications on it...I used paint stripper to remove the paint and the frame was very nice. No re-welds and no new holes. The engine was from 1971 and the frame is a real amen savior 1972... The suspension worked great never bottomed out... Never scraped the side pipes, not one time. Something about that bike. It was a dangerous, good looking bike but never hurt or scared me. Just one of those things in a lifetime you get. Miss it from time to time but those days are over for me.
    Thanks for sharing that great story aactionjim; good job on that build, sounds like you put a lot of work in it, including a part of you...
    If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Taoseno
      • Jul 2021

Originally posted by aactionjim
      Hello Guy's
      I bought the bike back in early 2000's from a guy that lived in Nevada. Real biker skinny and crazy as hell. The bike was duct taped and zip tied together. I met him at a roadside restaurant (after he was 4 hours late). You gotta love old crazy bikers. We pulled the bike down the ramp and it started after one kick. It was all different colors and a hundred different bolts. You should have seen him flying around the parking lot, grinning from ear to ear. So he started to tell me about the bike. Said the frame was just as it was never did anything to it. Was built for the triumph and never did any welding or modifications on it. He told me that he went to a hell's angels party one day out in the desert and they chased him off and started shooting at him. There is a bullet crease on the side of the oil bag. I believed him. I used paint stripper to remove the paint and the frame was very nice. No re-welds and no new holes. The engine was from 1971 and the frame is a real amen savior 1972.I worked on it for about 1 1/2 years adding this and that. I got most of the stuff off ebay and the local bike shops. I put a Butoco triple tree on it and Suzuki 1000 tubes and brake. Used a little Honda brake hand cylinder for the front and set up the back with new brakes. Keep the stock wire rim on the back it was triumph as was the front just different sizes larger in the front. Used a fatter tire on the back. Front was standard. I used a trailer fender and found an old sissy bar on ebay and it worked great. I had a paint shop paint it for 500 bucks. They were so pissed at me because I had it painted metal flake silver. It just ruined the booth I hade the skull and flag flames added before it was cleared. There was a old Mexican upholstery shop and they had the same color vinyl so there was the seat color. There was a salvage shop in my town and they had the biggest selection of stainless steel bolts you could ever imagine. I bought this big ole knife from one of the knife companies and added it to the shifter rod. (sorry I didn't say it was suicide shifting) All I had to do was run down when I needed to add something. I used clear red tubing for the gas lines and old style clear red spark plug wires. I got the z-bars off ebay also. Changed to all stainless steel brake lines from the Honda shop (made to order)I added an electronic ignition and tightened up all the bolts and kicked it over It started right up so I took it out for a ride and about a mile down the road it shut off. I used toggle switches for the lights and ignition. Keep kicking and kicking and nothing. I knew I did everything right, but nothing, Some lady was walking with her kid and he ran over and said that was a cool bike. She grabbed him and pulled him away scared as hell. I was a little greasy looking. So I push it home and kicked it again and it started. I said what the hell so I took it out again and it did the same thing pushed it back home and it keep doing. It was a 6 volt positive ground so I thought I did the wiring wrong. kept chasing it for day's. I ended up talking to few buddies of mine and they told me about some old guy that loves Triumphs and lived across town. I forget his name but went to his house. This guy was about 75 years old and clean cut. He looked like your old English teacher. He tells me to bring the chopper over and he would look at it. He loved as soon as he seen it. Seems everybody did. I tried to start it no luck. He looks at the wiring I did and said everything was in place. Then he looks at the wiring that goes to the stator, and don't ya know there was a break in one of the wires just outside and above the case where the hole is(on top). Kept rubbing and moving apart. Started it up and never gave me a problem. I asked what I owed him smiled and said nothing. The bike was nice and tight and never wobbled it ran straight down the road. The suspension worked great never bottomed out. I had a great time shifting back and forth. I never had a speed-o on it but always kept up with all the other bikes and believe you me we hauled ass. Never scraped the side pipes, not one time. Something about that bike. It was a dangerous, good looking bike but never hurt or scared me. Just one of those things in a lifetime you get. Miss it from time to time but those days are over for me.
      Hi..

I’m the guy he refers to in this story. I sold him that bike.

I signed up and posted the whole story of the bike, dug up photos of it, typed up all the history with a link to the memorial of the old outlaw who I got it from.

I was going to show a new buddy, and my profile and those posts are gone.

Wtf?

I’d like to post it all again, because that story “aactionjim” posted is not accurate, and that is my old bike…with the distinctive bullet mark on the oil tank.

But it’s a big pain in the ass to write it all up if it’s just going to get deleted.

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

No one deleted it, but apparently the backups were not taken often enough or tested so some content was lost. (That's basic stuff but Lisa isn't the hosting provider so whoever they are dropped the ball. Must have been amateur hour but the lesson was probably learnt as that kind of noob error is lame even for a home server.)

If it's interesting please write it up. Here's a way to make it last many years but the Wayback Machine method only does one web page (ideal for this sort of thing):

I don't know if Chop Cult permits web scraping but when I get some big drives for my server I might download a personal backup since there's so much classic content that's not available elsewhere and no page is forever. BTW it's easy to save any thread ya like by saving each page as a web page to a named folder on your PC and or cloud backup like Google Drive (it's easy to get multiple accounts). Of course that can go away like Photobucket....

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

i pulled my triumph frame out the garage the other day. it has a bolt on amen savior rear end on it. im not sure if i want to make a chopper build out of it, i was going towards a bobber look. any ideas? or maybe just sell it and not waste a good chopper build. let me know guys 192.168.l.xxx
          Do NOT click on the parent link which I edited to .xxx in this reply.

192.168.l.xxx resolves to common router and intranet IPs, not the internet. It is in a private address range.

I reported the post as spam. OP is a bot (or possibly a human, to use the term loosely, as the third world has many human spammers) and the bots are getting good.

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has assigned several address ranges to be used by private networks.

OP needs to DIAF ASAP (bot operators are flammable like the rest of us) and Chop Cult needs to range ban everything outside the US, Canada EU and Australia. It's a matter of time until a spam post with a link to destructive malware breaks someone's shit (which may include Chop Cult itself). Of course rangebanning is not an ideal solution but given the actual 33 audience would be fine for the vast majority. IP ranges are routinely blocked due to abuse. Tor not being a typical way to access Chop Cult banning exit nodes (as done by many websites) isn't a bad idea either.
          Last edited by farmall; 10-15-2021, 8:02 PM.

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by farmall
            Do NOT click on the parent link which I edited to .xxx in this reply.

192.168.l.xxx resolves to common router and intranet IPs, not the internet. It is in a private address range.

I reported the post as spam. OP is a bot (or possibly a human, to use the term loosely, as the third world has many human spammers) and the bots are getting good.

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has assigned several address ranges to be used by private networks.

OP needs to DIAF ASAP (bot operators are flammable like the rest of us) and Chop Cult needs to range ban everything outside the US, Canada EU and Australia. It's a matter of time until a spam post with a link to destructive malware breaks someone's shit (which may include Chop Cult itself). Of course rangebanning is not an ideal solution but given the actual 33 audience would be fine for the vast majority. IP ranges are routinely blocked due to abuse. Tor not being a typical way to access Chop Cult banning exit nodes (as done by many websites) isn't a bad idea either.
            -------------------------------------------
            Excellent advise! I get a ton of those on other websites, usually allegedly some young hot chick, some play along at first, some send those links right out the bat. Offering sex, nude videos or pix.. RIIIGGHHTTTT. Some old fat bastard like me and some random 20 something knockout wants to send me nude pix? If you are that stupid, I have some investments I want to talk to you about.

REPORT these spammers. Here on 33 theres a small diamond in the lower left hand bottom corner, click on it and report spammers. F*CK them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SPAMFlavorsormel_167.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	1320590

Comment

• LisaBallard
              • Jul 2009

Thanks for looking out and reporting. I appreciate your help

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse