CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Went with a little longer belt to keep the same ratio on the pulleys... Thanks.
    If anyone needs a 138 x 1.5" BDL belt hit me up, its brand new. Thanks

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by kdub13 View Post
    Went with a little longer belt to keep the same ratio on the pulleys... Thanks.
    If anyone needs a 138 x 1.5" BDL belt hit me up, its brand new. Thanks
    Did you find one with more teeth or use the "ST" belt.

@47str8leg it is still an 8mm belt as far as the spacing of the teeth go... it has more teeth, instead of 138 it has 142 teeth. It should give me about a half inch to an inch more room.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    If my frame required more clearance, I'd make some. It's only steel and the area is suitably buried so dicking up the paint wouldn't matter much.

Snatch tranny after determining desired clearance, grind clearance with an angle grinder, check that there's sufficient room, insert then weld plate inside hole in downtube. (Tack a bolt to plate so you have a handle then grind off bolt when done.)
    Exactly, seems like a lot of dicking around to get a belt, Could have slightly "massaged" the area and been on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bobberadam View Post
    Exactly, seems like a lot of dicking around to get a belt, Could have slightly "massaged" the area and been on the road.
    Yeah if I went all OCC on my down post I would have gained about a quarter inch to get the belt on over the front pulley. But the belt would have still been too tight to run at that length. So the new belt was the best option so I can adjust the tension accordingly and not worry about it, yah feel me? To each his own, I appreciate everyones input.

Get Adobe Flash player

This is an old thread but im having the same problem as you..but my belt is a 132 tooth bdl st

Share This