CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Intro/First question.... 2004 Vlx600

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2004 Vlx600 that I am currently in the process of chopping up. Just waiting for parts to come in. Anyways I have a strange question to ask and I may be asking for to much but hey here goes nothing. So Iíve already cut the rear fender support on the scoot and was wondering if anyone knows if someone anyone sales caps for the frame. Iím sure most of you have seen the Blue Collar Bobber seat kit. The caps they include is what Iím looking for. The kit the sale is nice but for $421 I wonít be going anywhere near that kit. Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I like to use carriage bolt heads. Grind off the zinc coating and lop them off just under the head. 1/2 inch carriage bolt head on 1 inch tubing in the pics. There's just enough overhang I don't even need to add filler :-)

Ahhhh great idea! But the part I’m looking to fill is the triangulated piece you have after you cut the rear fender off I’ll try to upload a picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01E13E84-22D9-43DD-8AEC-15832EE757A1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	82162

I cut them long for the time being, but once I get my parts in and a welder I’ll be trimming them down to the desired length.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01E13E84-22D9-43DD-8AEC-15832EE757A1.jpg  

Fill it with weld.
    Grind it back to finish.

Share This