Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlbertaFarmer
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by dlabmarc
    I have the same TC Bros 6+ kit. Do you need a fork spring compressor to get the spring and spacer back in with the fork cap? I cannot for the life of me get mine pushed down enough to thread into the fork.
    I read this somewhere online and it helped me: Without the spacers in, figure out the point in rotation where the threads engage, and mark with a sharpie or whatever. That way, you at least know your starting near the right point. I have progressive springs and a pile of preload, took a few tries, but didn't need any special tools. It was much easier the first time, with the tubes loose in my hands. Perhaps have another person ready to start turning a wrench or socket, that way you only have to worry about applying downward pressure. You'll get em!

Comment

• farmall
      • Apr 2013

Fuck working hard, work smart and cheap instead:

Got a set of Progressive springs with spacers for my FXR and in a fit of exasperation sliced and expanded an old caulking gun to compress the fuckers. Worked well on the 39mm forks and the next set of larger forks I have to fight I'll cut the ring off another gun, weld studs to the lengthwise straps and use them to secure a

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
        • Sep 2013

Very slick, Farmall.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;