Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djMFsnider
    • May 2012

Alright dudes so I bailed on the 1200, I came up on a 2005 katana 600 for 650$ and it was running and titled. It will still scoot pretty well and I can always go up to 1200 later on if I really like this bike.

We stripped the massive stock harness to like 13 wires, Ill rebuild the stripped harness once I finish the fake oil tank/electrical box.

Still need to order different oil cooler, get my 21 front wheel, brake stuff, chain, and sprocket. Then I can start mounting fenders, tanks, exhaust ect.

But we tossed it together enough to make it a horrible roller.

anyways, on with the pics!

Comment

• mikecola
      • Oct 2010

looking good. i really wish long bikes werent illegal here in oz.

Comment

• djMFsnider
        • May 2012

Originally posted by mikecola
        looking good. i really wish long bikes werent illegal here in oz.
        thanks man! ya its nice, Arizona is pretty laxed on bike/ car requirements/ everything else. The stance on this bike is perfect, I love it. I cant wait to get the 21 up on the front. I think it,ll really get the look Im going for.

Comment

• djMFsnider
          • May 2012

So I spent most of May out camping on the blue bike, and didn't do much at all to the bike up until this last week. I built this Fake oil tank to hold my batt and all my electronics. I based it off of a Harley style horse shoe, but had to be really thin on one side to clear the chain. Plus I built a a rear door hatch thing so stuff could be accessed still, and it will still be accessible with the seat off. I still need to make mount tabs to the frame, and also tabs for the door. Dont mind the harness, I shoved it in there for the picture haha.

Tossed the 21 that is for my blue bike on it, WHAT A DIFFERENCE from the tiny 18 inch spool. Need a few more parts and then i can really button this up.

Until next time dudes!
          Last edited by djMFsnider; 06-06-2018, 6:54 AM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
            • Dec 2017

Nice job on that electric box - I like the 'trap door'. Lookin' good!
            What about that oil cooler mounting? Have you thought about maybe mounting two smaller ones? Can that existing one fit in behind the head pipes, then combine it with a smaller where that one is now?
            If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• djMFsnider
              • May 2012

Originally posted by TriNortchopz
              Nice job on that electric box - I like the 'trap door'. Lookin' good!
              What about that oil cooler mounting? Have you thought about maybe mounting two smaller ones? Can that existing one fit in behind the head pipes, then combine it with a smaller where that one is now?
              Ya, the bike I currently ride doesnt have a access door, and it sucks the few times I do have electrical issues, I have to drop the whole box off the frame.

For the oil cooler I think Im going to go with a 15x 2.5 inch "frame rail mount" style generic oil cooler you can get from speedway or summit. And Ill mount it vertically, in front of the down tubes. Im also going to convert from the factory steel/ soft oil cooler lines to black AN style fittings and black cooler soft lines. I know the new cooler a tiny bit smaller, but Im hoping with the better flowing cooler, it will have the same affect.

Comment

• Luky
                • May 2018

I really like the stance your bike has.
                With 44º or more on the rake the flop factor should be lower. How is it?
                Tank looks just the right size, and the spacing of all the components looks good.
                Last edited by Luky; 06-14-2018, 3:39 PM.

Comment

• djMFsnider
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Luky
                  I really like the stance your bike has.
                  With 44º or more on the rake the flop factor should be lower. How is it?
                  Tank looks just the right size, and the spacing of all the components looks good.
                  I haven't really had a chance to try it out unless it was like rolling it in and out of the garage. Even then my front wheel inst spaced correctly at the moment so I couldn't really tell you. Seems very NOT floppy though .

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;