Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 86sportster
    • Feb 2018

86 sportster which hard tail kit???

I have a 86 sporty that I wanna hard tail I was looking at tc bros kit, vodoos kit, j&ps kit, and factory metal works basically I wanna see if anyone has any suggestions and experience with any of these kits tc bros seems really nice but it's only a 2in stretch and I'm 6'4" I was looking more for a 4 or 6in stretch and I don't like how the frame line had a bend and isn't straight thru but it seems built the best all suggestions reviews and advice welcome thanks
  • BadMonkeyMW
    • Jul 2010

I've always been partial to Led Sleds kit, although I've heard good things about TC Bros. as well. Not sure about who may make one with more stretch in it though. I know for sure I wouldn't buy anything from J&P, all chinese made junk. Good luck.

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
      • Jan 2015

I'm with Badmonkey�� on this. TC bros or Led Sled for the price and quality. Led sled has the stretch options you are looking for and easy slug type hardtail that use your existing frame and motor as a alignment jig. Any hardtail option that isn't like those will require a frame jig and a bit more expertise. Don't waste Yer money on junk especially with the frame. Plus if you have any problems you can get a hold of those guys at ledsled on the phone, or for that matter you can call them before hand and run yer plans by them first.
      Last edited by BlackCloudSalvage; 02-18-2018, 8:53 AM.

Comment

• 86sportster
        • Feb 2018

See I didn't know j&p was Chinese junk okay I'll stay away from them tc bros is nice I just hate the lines in it it doesn't have that straight backbone I'm looking for I'll look into led sled thanks so far and if anyone has pics more than welcome

Comment

• brooklynbomber
          • Sep 2011

Haifley Bros should be on your short list too. They make a nice horseshoe oil tank with their kit that looks great as well as ssisy, seat and fender combo if you want to go that far. Only thing I don't like is the rounded drop outs. http://www.haifleybrothers.com/parts...-bare-hardtail

Also consider your feet position too. I had a tall friend on a sportster and he fit fine with forwards and probably 2-4" stretch on the rear. They start to look really goofy (to me) all long in the back.

Comment

• 86sportster
            • Feb 2018

Led sled is a nice setup little pricy but you get what you pay for if anyone has pics of that setup I'd like to see what it looks like plus so dose that mean I would need a frame jig for a kit like vodoo or david bird

Comment

• Scoobydude
              • Sep 2016

To me stretching a sporty more than 2 inches is redonkulous. A two inch stretch in a sporty i think is something like a half inch more than a standard big twin frame. Hands down haifley always for me. Check out andrew clarks' Nebula, i fuckin love that bike. I used to be obsessed over the straight backbone thing, as long as its not like the newer paughco frames i think it looks good.

Comment

• Amil91
                • Nov 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180212_103354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	1300737
                Check out road6customs about a 2in stretch

Comment

• Skwerly
                  • Mar 2015

I did a massive amount of research on this a while back, and TC Bros has quite literally NO bad feedback lol. That's the one I'd open my wallet for.

Comment

• BHMike
                    • May 2013

David Bird and be done
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180215_093426.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	1300754

Comment

• seanscandalous
                      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by BHMike
                      David Bird and be done
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]81914[/ATTACH]
                      Yup the David Bird one is awesome.

Did you rake the neck too? How many inches over is that front end? Ride looks dope!

Comment

• Blackbetty
                        • Apr 2011

TC bros is a ledsled copy with exception to tubing diameters, but being american made IDK how anyone could compete with $399 shipped vs. ledsleds 450 + shipping. OP will probably have to buy led sled for the extra stretch. Led sled comes w axle and adjusters though...

Anyway. Mines a 2" ledsled

Last edited by Blackbetty; 02-20-2018, 2:14 PM.

Comment

• BHMike
                          • May 2013

6' degrees over stock rake on 10 over tubes
                          Last edited by BHMike; 02-20-2018, 5:30 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;