Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brooklynbomber
    • Sep 2011

Slide body and rubber diaphragm are always one piece. Best to replace if you think it’s compromised. If you get a new one, spend a minute or two polishing the slide. They are cheap and generally have some casting burrs on them. If it’s not ripped and just deformed, keep it in a box as a just Incase. I have 2 that are there If the one I run fails.

What jets are you going with? I had good success with 46/180 on a 1200. Do you have access to your AF mixture screw on the base of the carb? If not, there’s tons of info on how to
    Do that. CV Performance has great carb parts.

Comment

• ryanrowlett
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
      Slide body and rubber diaphragm are always one piece. Best to replace if you think it’s compromised. If you get a new one, spend a minute or two polishing the slide. They are cheap and generally have some casting burrs on them. If it’s not ripped and just deformed, keep it in a box as a just Incase. I have 2 that are there If the one I run fails.

What jets are you going with? I had good success with 46/180 on a 1200. Do you have access to your AF mixture screw on the base of the carb? If not, there’s tons of info on how to
      Do that. CV Performance has great carb parts.
      Hey, thanks so much for the info! I did end up buying a new one but handn't thought to really inspect it, so I'll definitely do that as well as keeping the deformed one as a backup.

I have a 45 pilot and 180 and 185 mains to test out and I have access to the mixture screw and will start tuning probably Sunday. I'll post findings. Thanks again for the suggestions! Much appreciated

Comment

• ryanrowlett
        • Oct 2014

First fire. She’s sounding great. I rode over the bridge to Manhattan and back to get the engine warm. Seems like she’s idling too low and I have to keep the choke a little open to keep her from dying at lights. Also, gas leaks out when the engine is stopped unless I turn the petcock off. I’ve always read that this is normal but I’ve never experienced it with this bike. May go up to a 46 pilot and see how she feels but overall I’m psyched. Way more power off the line.

Last edited by ryanrowlett; 03-24-2020, 5:20 AM.

Comment

• Georges91
          • Nov 2021

I recently bought the same hardtail kit. I put the engine into frame to weld it up but my motor mounts did not line up. Did you have any issues with motor mounts lining up ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Comment

• joeellltt
            • Jan 2022

How'd you end up relocating the ignition module? Or, did you purchase a dynatek module?
            Running the same Haifley kit and wish I had more space in that little spot for the battery.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;