CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Slide body and rubber diaphragm are always one piece. Best to replace if you think it’s compromised. If you get a new one, spend a minute or two polishing the slide. They are cheap and generally have some casting burrs on them. If it’s not ripped and just deformed, keep it in a box as a just Incase. I have 2 that are there If the one I run fails.

What jets are you going with? I had good success with 46/180 on a 1200. Do you have access to your AF mixture screw on the base of the carb? If not, there’s tons of info on how to
    Do that. CV Performance has great carb parts.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbomber View Post
    Slide body and rubber diaphragm are always one piece. Best to replace if you think itís compromised. If you get a new one, spend a minute or two polishing the slide. They are cheap and generally have some casting burrs on them. If itís not ripped and just deformed, keep it in a box as a just Incase. I have 2 that are there If the one I run fails.

What jets are you going with? I had good success with 46/180 on a 1200. Do you have access to your AF mixture screw on the base of the carb? If not, thereís tons of info on how to
    Do that. CV Performance has great carb parts.
    Hey, thanks so much for the info! I did end up buying a new one but handn't thought to really inspect it, so I'll definitely do that as well as keeping the deformed one as a backup.

I have a 45 pilot and 180 and 185 mains to test out and I have access to the mixture screw and will start tuning probably Sunday. I'll post findings. Thanks again for the suggestions! Much appreciated

Get Adobe Flash player

First fire. She’s sounding great. I rode over the bridge to Manhattan and back to get the engine warm. Seems like she’s idling too low and I have to keep the choke a little open to keep her from dying at lights. Also, gas leaks out when the engine is stopped unless I turn the petcock off. I’ve always read that this is normal but I’ve never experienced it with this bike. May go up to a 46 pilot and see how she feels but overall I’m psyched. Way more power off the line.

Last edited by ryanrowlett; 03-24-2020 at 5:20 AM.

Share This