Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turbodog1000
    • Jul 2016

Ultima 53-644 dead revs?

Hey was just wondering if anyone is running a Ultima 53-644 ignition with a kicker? Im building a big twin evo and got this ultima set up cheap. Im reading about 3 dead revs before it will fire, and to change this i have to hook it up to a computer to re program. Should i do this if i wanna run kick and my starter?
  • WillSCB
    • Dec 2014

If you plan on ever having to kick start it, yes. It will start with an electric start on kick mode, but you will never get it to start with a kicker on electric mode. The engine needs to turn three continuous revolutions before it fires, so no way that is happening with a kicker.

Comment

• Turbodog1000
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by WillSCB
      If you plan on ever having to kick start it, yes. It will start with an electric start on kick mode, but you will never get it to start with a kicker on electric mode. The engine needs to turn three continuous revolutions before it fires, so no way that is happening with a kicker.
      Any idea where i could get ahold of this software, maybe a download link? I ordered the programming usb cable.

Comment

• tzienlee
        • Apr 2024

Fit Points & save the expense & grief of an electronic system that will
        fuck up and leave ya at the side of the road with something ya cant fix,...

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

That is a very bad choice for an ignition, even worse with a kicker bike...

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by tzienlee
            Fit Points & save the expense & grief of an electronic system that will
            fuck up and leave ya at the side of the road with something ya cant fix,...
            There it is!!!!

Comment

• TriNortchopz
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Turbodog1000
              Hey was just wondering if anyone is running a Ultima 53-644 ignition with a kicker? Im building a big twin evo and got this ultima set up cheap. Im reading about 3 dead revs before it will fire, and to change this i have to hook it up to a computer to re program. Should i do this if i wanna run kick and my starter?
              On this Club Chopper thread there is a discussion about the Ultima programmable ignition,

"INTERFACE for dyna2000i and Ultima programmable modules(evidently same shit ): https://sites.google.com/site/vrusb2000i
              Just 45 bucks.
              And free download of software- Dynatek software and interface drivers : Dynatek Performance Electronics - Downloads"

See more here: http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/al...-ignition.html

Hope that will help; I'm not familiar with Ultima.
              If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;