CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default Dyna S Ignition Install. Problems static timing. 03 Sporty

I've been rewiring this chopper and I've got to a point where I'm ready to static time it. I had to put a new cam sensor in when the previous one that came with the motor wasn't producing spark. I replaced the coil too in the process. My spark plugs are producing spark, just not firing at the right time. When I've went to time it using a circuit test light, I've never been able to get it to light up at any point of advancing.

Things to clarify any confusion and to take out concern of any common user error:

The crank is setting at the advanced mark on the upward stroke of the front cylinder.
    The test Light does work when testing current elsewhere.
    This is a Dyna S cam sensor that is supposed to work with my model bike.
    The advancer is the right one that works with the sensor, but was not replaced along with the new cam sensor.
    Yes I am holding the advancer open while adjusting the cam sensor.
    No VOES.
    No stock ignition CPU.
    I've referenced many articles on multiple different forums, as well as the instructions that come with the sensor. No luck.
    Plugs ARE producing spark, just not firing at the right time.

Please help if anyone has any ideas or past experiences.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey wtfd,

Did you see this similar thread yesterday about static timing a Dyna s: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51002

Quote Originally Posted by TriNortchopz View Post
    Hey wtfd,

Did you see this similar thread yesterday about static timing a Dyna s: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51002
    I have. That was one of the forum posts I referenced referring to. As well as my cam sensor is a dual fire.

Share This