X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrdiceland
    • Mar 2017

Panhead chopper Wiring diagram

Hello there.
    i have an 1953 Panhead chopper and i need a wiring diagram. it has a morris magneto. im just looking for something simple no horn or stuff just the front light, brake light,kill switch and simple on switch on the side. if you have any diagram, mabe some sugestion it would be great cheers...
  • BuddhahoodVato
    • Apr 2010

Google Easy Rider old teck tips, they had some simple schematics.
    If so one chimes in with a schematic, bump me wednesday and Ill dig mines out, but you know the direction you want to go now.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

I did a bit of lookin' around and found a few old Easy Rider wiring diagrams, including one with a magneto,(thanks BuddhahoodVato), along with related electrical tech here(and a whole lot more links of electrical systems you don't need) ;
      Easyriders Simplified Wiring Diagram
      Public on 24 Jan, 2018 by Darman Prasetyo:

And for some chop wiring photos and an article by Street Chopper;
      Wiring Your Chopper | Get Wired | Vintage Tech
      All you wanted to know about wiring your chopper but were too SHOCKED to ask!

Look here: https://www.streetchopperweb.com/wir...d-vintage-tech

"Wiring your chopper is not hard. Take a simplified diagram and some basic tools and you're in business. In this story the simplified diagram has been provided, all you have to provide is the bike and some wire cutters, crimpers, electrical tape, wire lugs, screwdriver, and a soldering gun....Inspect all wiring when completed, looking for connections that were not made. Trace all wiring making sure each is hooked up where it belongs. All that remains now is to fire it up and enjoy the weekly or daily ride."

This sentence bothered me and I had to comment on it:
      ..."Let's say you have a two headlight system where one acts as the low beam and the other as the high beam. Both should have a good ground wire. Connect ground wires to the front end which serves as a good ground"...
      Don't ground your lights to the front fork, unless you have a jumper ground wire from the fork to the frame or battery negative terminal, otherwise the ground will be through the neck bearings.

Might be a bit more than you need with your mag...Remember to make your own wiring diagram, for future reference, and to share on ChopCult...
      Last edited by TriNortchopz; 01-30-2018, 9:42 PM. Reason: added info for mag wiring diagram, added comment on grounding headlight(s)
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;