Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pdriskill10
    • Jan 2014

Shovelhead Oil filter

Trying to figure out a good way to mount an oil filter on a Shovelhead. Was looking for some ideas from some people who may have done the same thing. Was thinking about maybe the area under the oil bag, between the rear fender and and transmission. If anyone has a lead on a bracket or set up, let me know!
  • Jfuller
    • Jul 2016

Paughco makes a horseshoe oil bag with a Filter that screws in from the side. Not exactly the cheapest option, but it looks the cleanest (in my opinion) and uses stock harley filters. Or lowbrow customs has oil filter mounts. They aren’t small though.

Comment

• SamHain
      • Apr 2024

I ran one off the front motor mount, regulator sits on top

Comment

• TriNortchopz
        • Dec 2017

A few ideas and suggestions from members here:
        ChopCult thread (2014); Remote Shovelhead oil filter question: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29449
        If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• Blackbetty
          • Apr 2011

I hung mine off the frame rail.

Two 3/8" bungs in the frame. The filter adapter is from this guy:

You'll have to fab you bracket but it's super clean, strong, and zero mess changes.

Comment

• tyhess99
            • Aug 2017

I ran mine up front under the regulator with the kit from jp cycles. My dads 84 wide glide has his sitting out back behind the transmission i believe

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;