Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelingBone
    • Aug 2016

First Annual Bubba Kush Run

So, I was thinking of getting a few friends together sometime this spring or summer for a trip to Colorado.

I bolded some text below and was wondering if anyone might be able to chime in with some advice since people like me tend to raise flags when we ride by ( or as one officer told me after pulling me over for allegedly exceeding the suggested speed limit, "...as loud as that bike is you're not going to go by unnoticed").

Anyone in?

(please note, I'm not condoning any illegal activity. I realize my government loves me and only passes laws restricting my freedoms to protect me from my self. If it weren't for my loving government I would probably just sit in a dark room and masturbate until I died from dehydration)

"...
    Transportation of marijuana or marijuana products across state lines is illegal. Although people attempt it often, police are constantly on the lookout and you could face both state and federal prosecution if you are caught. Colorado is bordered by cannabis intolerant states such as Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Be safe and know your rights. Many travelers are quickly profiled as cannabis users and forced into illegal searches. Even though cannabis is legal in Colorado, if you do find yourself in a pinch with the law, check out our Colorado Cannabis Lawyers page for help!
    ..."
  • DoomBuggy
    • Oct 2016

Where will you be coming from?

My youngest lives in Denver and I really love heading due west from there into Utah and then down south through Utah. The backroads that wind through the mountains are awesome to say the least.

As for the pot laws, I can't resist but to say. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!". I've driven over both the western and eastern border close to a dozen times in 2017 and never got hassled, never saw a road block or anything like that, however I was in a pickup truck not on a chop.

-DB

Comment

• hillcat
      • Mar 2015

Don't bring it. Get some there.

Comment

• DoomBuggy
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by hillcat
        Don't bring it. Get some there.
        It's that temptation to bring it back home that gets folks in trouble.

Comment

• Oranje
          • Sep 2009

My buddy in Boulder was talking about Nebraska cops having a field day busting people heading east after a "visit" to Colorado.

Comment

• TravelingBone
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DoomBuggy
            Where will you be coming from?
            -DB
            I'm thinking Nashville. That gives me a clear shot across states with reciprocity for concealed carry.

Originally posted by Oranje
            My buddy in Boulder was talking about Nebraska cops having a field day busting people heading east after a "visit" to Colorado.
            Yeah, I might make this a solo event. I don't want to be responsible for getting any friends tossed into the hoosegow

Comment

• Gvermin
              • Mar 2012

send shit back fedex, equally illegal but a modicum of deniability. send it to your address using an alias. it seems like it'd be easier to send those 400mg e-cigs, like $40 and I've heard they smoke nice, different mello high. i definitely have not done this nor do i condone use of mary-jahuana or any other illegal activity. stay away from devils lettuce brother.

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Gvermin
                send shit back fedex, equally illegal but a modicum of deniability. send it to your address using an alias. it seems like it'd be easier to send those 400mg e-cigs, like $40 and I've heard they smoke nice, different mello high. i definitely have not done this nor do i condone use of mary-jahuana or any other illegal activity. stay away from devils lettuce brother.
                I would definitely NOT do that. You will most likely get busted and now it's a federal crime for transporting across state lines. I knew a kid that tried to do something very similar and got woken up about 6am by the sheriff kicking his door in. I recently moved back from Colorado and I'd suggest simply buying some while you're there on the trip and consuming it while you're still in the state. The fact that it's illegal anywhere in the States is fucking stupid, but at the moment it is.

Comment

• 47str8leg
                  • Sep 2014

I heard the Federal jails are nicer though.

Comment

• TravelingBone
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Gvermin
                    send shit back fedex, equally illegal but a modicum of deniability. ...
                    Back in the day, when I smoked cigars, the subject of obtaining genuine Cubans would come up from time to time (most people that think they have Cubans actually have counterfeits). Eventually, I found out the deep dark secret, the underground conduit....it was FedEx.

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
                    I would definitely NOT do that. .... I'd suggest simply buying some while you're there on the trip and consuming it while you're still in the state. ...
                    In real life that would probably be what I would do (at least the first few runs). Many years ago I passed through Longmont and there were some great micro-breweries ( I think my favorite was called the Pump House) and I could definitely spend a few days there drinking beer, eating brownies, and watching the prairie dogs.

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                    Depends on which one. I had a conversation at work about a year ago with a buddy and told him that when we got old and decrepit the best option might be to get tossed into a minimum security prison. I even did a little research and some of them are downright nice. Turn 80 you start robbing banks, live it up in whorehouses until you get caught, and then spend the rest of your life in a place where you're fed, clothed, sheltered, and get play shuffle board every afternoon.

In the end, I decided I did not want to risk getting so old and helpless that I ended up dying a "DIDDY" death (Died-In-Dirty-Diapers) so I decided to only rob one bank, spend it all in one whorehouse, and then ride my bike off the Grand Canyon with a beer in each hand and see if I can finish both before I hit the ground ( that is, if some fucker in a Prius doesn't kill me first)

Comment

• BadMonkeyMW
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by 47str8leg
                      Haha! Maybe so.

Comment

• mertens
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by BadMonkeyMW
                        I would definitely NOT do that. You will most likely get busted and now it's a federal crime for transporting across state lines. I knew a kid that tried to do something very similar and got woken up about 6am by the sheriff kicking his door in. I recently moved back from Colorado and I'd suggest simply buying some while you're there on the trip and consuming it while you're still in the state. The fact that it's illegal anywhere in the States is fucking stupid, but at the moment it is.
                        My thoughts exactly!

Comment

• TravelingBone
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by mertens
                          My thoughts exactly!
                          This is starting to sound like a double-dog-dare and I've never backed down from one of those ( and I have the scars to prove it!)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                          Working...
                          ;