Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainZoop
    • Apr 2014

Tire has curve in it

I just built this rear wheel for my sporty and the tire has this crazy curve in it. The rim is trued fine and I even tried running it with 20 psi to try to get it to work itself out but that didnt work. Rubber mallet worked less. Anybody know whats going on here?? Bad tire? Any info would help. The speed wobble is deathly. CheersClick image for larger version

Name:	20180111_150918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	1342419
  • dirtygrotonscoundrel
    • May 2013

Is that a Shinko SR 241?

I had the same thing happen when I got one of those.

I would recommend reaching out to the retailer with that picture and getting it handled as a "Product Arrived Damaged".

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Salty
      • Sep 2010

Any time my tires show up out of round i mount them and then leave in the sun/heat. The rubber will eventually straighten out.

Comment

• CaptainZoop
        • Apr 2014

Any of them show up as "bad" as the one in my photo? I'm in Portland right now and haven't seen the sun in like 3 weeks... blow dryer maybe? Haha. I dont wanna strip the thing again since I wont be able to get a new one in time for a ride

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

Let the air out, Break the tire down off the rim. Take some dish soap with a little water in it about 10 parts water to 1 part soap.. Put it around the rim and tire and put air in it 50lbs if needed... It will pop out....

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
            • May 2013

If that straightened out you should call the Vatican because that would be a miracle.

When my tire was warped that bad I left it overnight with a tube inflated to like 40 psi inside of it and it made aero difference.

Definitely going to want to swap that out before going on any rides man...

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by dirtygrotonscoundrel
              If that straightened out you should call the Vatican because that would be a miracle.

When my tire was warped that bad I left it overnight with a tube inflated to like 40 psi inside of it and it made aero difference.

Definitely going to want to swap that out before going on any rides man...
              Did you put soap on it or just air?? And 40lbs ain't shit... I've put 60lbs in them.. I ain't scared...

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
                • May 2013

Originally posted by Tattooo
                Did you put soap on it or just air?? And 40lbs ain't shit... I've put 60lbs in them.. I ain't scared...
                First I soaped it all the way up on the rim and pumped that butch up to about 50 or so. Left that for an hour and nothing.

If he’s using the tire I think it is it’s cheap trash. It’s a $40 trials tire made with super soft rubber. I think they are just shit and liable to be fucked yo easily.

Comment

• Salty
                  • Sep 2010

if he’s using the tire i think it is it’s cheap trash. It’s a $40 trials tire made with super soft rubber. I think they are just shit and liable to be fucked yo easily.
                  qft

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

First I soaped it all the way up on the rim and pumped that butch up to about 50 or so. Left that for an hour and nothing.

If he’s using the tire I think it is it’s cheap trash. It’s a $40 trials tire made with super soft rubber. I think they are just shit and liable to be fucked yo easily.
                    Might be might be... He didn't say what kind of tire it is, plus is it the correct size for the rim??

Comment

• dirtygrotonscoundrel
                      • May 2013

zackpad
                      private picture upload

Here was my shinko I had the issue with. Looks to me like the exact same tire. That is mounted on the rim with well over 40 psi I think at the time.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

zackpad
                        private picture upload

Here was my shinko I had the issue with. Looks to me like the exact same tire. That is mounted on the rim with well over 40 psi I think at the time.
                        That looks like a bad tire more than a seating problem... Like I always say you get what you pay for.... You buy cheap you get cheap...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;